• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
loaded it up and strapped down:cool:

Attachments

• Bronco & MH.jpg
    Bronco & MH.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 81

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Worked on getting ready for this Saturdays trip. Mounted the rear jump racing seat for the grandson and put the 4 pt seat belt on. Replaced the rear axle vent tube with a much longer one (in case I get into some deep water). Lubed up the rear d/s, loaded my spare d/s assembly. Hug the spare tire, dug out my VS-17 panel top. Checked fluids, made cabin
reservations and putting it on the trailer tomorrow.

nirvana

Contributor
Loc.
PNW
My first post to this thread,
Well, for reasons that i don't want to share...I finally fired up my 74 after sitting for three years.
Gas was bad, brakes were bad, battery was flat dead.
about two weeks ago, I dug it out...Jumped the battery and fired it up.
needless to say, it wasn't happy. test drive found the caliper stuck so I replaced them and then the rear cylinders...That was an episode! I will spare you the gory details.
Filled it up with premium after running the old gas out of it. Then the leaky carb had to be rebuilt..no biggie there.
Now going smoothly! A jaunt to the local DMV and I was back in business.

Last week I drove it into the woods..what a great day! Top off, Wife shotgun...We crept through a VERY overgrown tight trail on a mountain side..The trees were covering all view when it happened...
There was a tree hanging overhead over the road...covered by mega foilage.
I did not see it until it crashed through the windshield and brought the frame down to my steering wheel, Yep.
Got to welding it back together yesterday after trying to get some semblance of semi straight. got the glass back in and drove it today.

Life is good

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Finally ordered an edelbrock calibration kit that arrived today. Leaned it out a bit with different metering rods and changed the step up springs from 5# to 8#. Running even better now and cleared that little stumble up I had letting out first. Now it's pretty crisp!

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Save some metal for paint Ken :D

Did grill & tailgate letters, undecided if I like em or not, definitely an improvement though!

Attachments

• B65AF7B5-F0EA-4EFF-8D34-87FF45CD907C.jpg
    B65AF7B5-F0EA-4EFF-8D34-87FF45CD907C.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 71
  • C64B41E4-5C0E-4007-8BEE-43D6D2DCFCB6.jpg
    C64B41E4-5C0E-4007-8BEE-43D6D2DCFCB6.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 67

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
And m any more great memories to come.. :)

My first post to this thread,
Well, for reasons that i don't want to share...I finally fired up my 74 after sitting for three years.
Gas was bad, brakes were bad, battery was flat dead.
about two weeks ago, I dug it out...Jumped the battery and fired it up.
needless to say, it wasn't happy. test drive found the caliper stuck so I replaced them and then the rear cylinders...That was an episode! I will spare you the gory details.
Filled it up with premium after running the old gas out of it. Then the leaky carb had to be rebuilt..no biggie there.
Now going smoothly! A jaunt to the local DMV and I was back in business.

Last week I drove it into the woods..what a great day! Top off, Wife shotgun...We crept through a VERY overgrown tight trail on a mountain side..The trees were covering all view when it happened...
There was a tree hanging overhead over the road...covered by mega foilage.
I did not see it until it crashed through the windshield and brought the frame down to my steering wheel, Yep.
Got to welding it back together yesterday after trying to get some semblance of semi straight. got the glass back in and drove it today.

Life is good

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Found the source of my liquidy explosion the other day. The good news?... I thought I had a water pump replacement in my not to distant future.

Attachments

• Rad Hose3 30.jpg
    Rad Hose3 30.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 94

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Hauled it, wheeled it, broke a rear dvrs side shock mount at the gusset weld....

Attachments

• 100_3602.jpg
    100_3602.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 95
Last edited: