• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Funny "fixes" left by the previous owner

jdevon

Loc.
Dallas Area
I'm sure you've come across various "fixes" and riggings that had been done by a previous owner.

Here is what I found on the back of the driver's interior door latch/handle:

door handle.jpg

I guess the rod that engages the latch assembly wore down, so the PO hammered a .38 Long shell casing on to it.

The good news is I wasn't the one that did it. The bad news is the previous owner is my dad%).

mtxride

Loc.
San Antonio
I'm sure you've come across various "fixes" and riggings that had been done by a previous owner.

Here is what I found on the back of the driver's interior door latch/handle:

View attachment 253718

I guess the rod that engages the latch assembly wore down, so the PO hammered a .38 Long shell casing on to it.

The good news is I wasn't the one that did it. The bad news is the previous owner is my dad%).

Not only did he make it work, he added some style!

dube

Bronco Guru
Loc.
big lake Mn
Gives me a great idea, that would be cool for the door lock knob and turn signal knob, just a thought.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My bronco originally had dealer installed AC. One PO took it out, and the next decided to patch the holes and put down some bedliner. Well, the liner is now peeling, and guess what, the duct tape used patch the AC holes came with it...

Bullitt94

Loc.
Marshfield, WI
Since the bed rusted out, the PO just used diamond plate welded over the old bed along with a treated 2X4 to lay across the frame at the badck of the truck for body spacers. Yeah it's all still there, and probably will be until I can get a new tub. At lesast it is a treated 2X4.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
don't know if I would call it a fix, but love the bumper, and cow catcher

oh and how about my dash

Attachments

• bronco.jpg
    bronco.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 107
  • underdash.JPG
    underdash.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 112
  • underdash2.JPG
    underdash2.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 111

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Looks like this guy found it easyer to change the windshield frame rather than having the vendor send the correct gasket back out to him!

Sorry brothers....had to bring the imfamous 3 corner gasket up again!

Attachments

• LULZ.jpg
    LULZ.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 62

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
Looks like this guy found it easyer to change the windshield frame rather than having the vendor send the correct gasket back out to him!

I've also heard that mod will net you 1.5-2.5 MPG increase in economy! Triangles impose less drag than rectangles...;D Not to mention the amount of money you'll save on replacement gaskets and windshields due to less materials used. Also, one less wiper & arm to maintain. I like it!

Myllo73

The best fix the po did for mine was sell it to me!!! And then I'm fixing everything the previous po's ignored.