• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Kurt Strecker Viva Broncos 1969/1978

Kurt Strecker

Loc.
San Diego, ca
Greeting Bronco crew;
I am Kurt Strecker, and was around from the beginning, building and racing the old Bronco. At 64, I have a great amount of history, info or chat. Bill Stroppe, Parnelli, NORRA or Score beginnings, etc. I had a shop, Lakeside, Ca., and created a line of Bronco roadsters for desert runs, sand dunes, baja racing and manufactured all the fiberglass parts originally, as well as the original disc brake assemblies and power steering adaptions for Saganaw/Ford. Just thought I would offer up any comments needed. Raced the Baja, the hard way!
regards, Kurt Strecker

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Welcome Kurt.

If you are looking to talk Broncos, you have found the right bunch! One thing you will find is we love old photos, so please share anything you have and build yourself a photo gallery as a new board member.

Mac

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Kurt, glad to see you on here, I've read alot of cool things about your trucks and seen many neat pictures - I bet you have more to share! I own one original STroppe Racer (an early one, metal rear flares, Minor/Bayer/Loomis/Unser/Jones), and co-own another(Hall/Fricker's old racer) with a friend who is also on here. Can't wait to hear some/any stories you have! How many of your built Broncos have you located? Have any yourself?

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Kurt, Welcome, I'm a Newbie on here also(but not to Broncos) and love stories. Long or short tellem all.

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome Kurt, like everyone has said lets see some pics. Also do you know UB(uncle bob) he's a racer from your time era and lives out there by you. I don't think he is on this list but belongs to the southern california bronco list. He always has some great stories and has even sent me some old decals he had left over from his racing days. great guy. Again welcome. good to have ya.

frenchy

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey Kurt, you got about a year on me in age and about 30 in Broncos!!!! (but I was doing Landcrusiers and Chebbys in between!!!!) Great to have a "left coast guy" on board that was in the heat of it!!! Post up some pics of all those rigs!!!!;D;D;D

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Greeting Bronco crew;
I am Kurt Strecker, and was around from the beginning, building and racing the old Bronco. At 64, I have a great amount of history, info or chat. Bill Stroppe, Parnelli, NORRA or Score beginnings, etc. I had a shop, Lakeside, Ca., and created a line of Bronco roadsters for desert runs, sand dunes, baja racing and manufactured all the fiberglass parts originally, as well as the original disc brake assemblies and power steering adaptions for Saganaw/Ford. Just thought I would offer up any comments needed. Raced the Baja, the hard way!
regards, Kurt Strecker

Welcome Kurt! Glad to see you on the board. I had a chance to talk with you many years ago when you lived in Scottsdale.

Looking forward to hearing your stories and seeing your pics you might have to share with us.

There's a gentleman in your neck of the woods that I believe owns your old racing Bronco (or one of them).

Todd Z.

mnido

Hey Kurt !!, my buddy in highschool had one of your Bronco's, Doug Helle. It is actually my inspiration to build my mid life Bronco..Nice to see you here ! Thanks!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Welcome Kurt, Great to have you with us!!!

So tell us a story involving one of your builds in Lakeside... :)

Look forward to hearing about some good history.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome Kurt, trying to get any info on this old Bronco racer that was driven by Chuck Johnson back in the day, know anything about it?

Attachments

• 301102.jpg
    301102.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 261

New Mexico Mike

Contributor
I am new to the Classic Bronco web page but I have a bronco that I think may be A Viva Bronco , I would like a little more info on how to identify it for sure It still has the Viva Bronco lettering on the rear quarter panels and has been sitting for several years looks to be original paint .

RAINSHADOW

Kurt strecker -- viva broncos

HEY KURT !!!! This is Randy Atkinson from San Diego (now Oceanside).
Just wanted to say hi and see how you are doing ?
I had the Orange/White 1972 Bronco 30+ yrs ago that Ken Andrew (over at the old Truck Shoppe) built the roof rack for pre-running Baja for me. I think you double shocked the front end and added air bags. I almost
talked you into letting me co-drive with you for one of the Baja races.
** I had your logo painted on both front fenders !!! I had to get your
OK after the fact though.....

If you can get into my email -- tell me how you are doing .

Randy

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
.... joint in 2012 ...one post and nada since ! GL