• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2012 Ford Raptor Bronco

Modman

Loc.
Laurens, SC
Progress

Van any progress on the bronco raptor?

Well it is up and running! We have a few little bugs to work out but should be able to make some test runs with it this week. If everything goes well we may have some videos soon before we tear it all back apart for paint. Here are a few sneak pics of the dash in the Bronco

Attachments

• 100_1738.jpg
    100_1738.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 3,689
  • 100_1737.jpg
    100_1737.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 3,448

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Nope the 100+ people at the Philadephia Auto Show Jeep area BEFORE the doors even officially opened proves there is no market for these vehicles (well to Ford anyway......). Through out the day the JEEP Wrangler area and test track had twice the number of people as the entire Ford center room grand display.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Well it is up and running! We have a few little bugs to work out but should be able to make some test runs with it this week. If everything goes well we may have some videos soon before we tear it all back apart for paint. Here are a few sneak pics of the dash in the Bronco

LOOKS AWESOME ... We need more pixs tho ;D

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bet wiring that dash up was fun, I was just under the dash of My Raptor the other day and damn there's a lot of wires under there.:eek:

Modman

Loc.
Laurens, SC

Attachments

• 100_1739.jpg
    100_1739.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 2,290
  • 100_1755.jpg
    100_1755.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 635
  • 100_1759.jpg
    100_1759.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 586
  • 100_1750.jpg
    100_1750.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 2,286

Modman

Loc.
Laurens, SC
That's cool. How difficult was the wiring into the dash? Everything work?

It was a little challenging but still have to integrate all the new electronics into the doors and rear of the Bronco as well as try to bypass the side curtain airbags! And yes everything is working in the dash! We only have an airbag light on right now. Hope to get a video from today's testing uploaded later tonight!

Modman

Loc.
Laurens, SC
Test Drive

dayum nice Van!!! is it running stock front diff or a custom diff center?

Thanks Chuck! We are running the stock Raptor front diff.

Here's a video of some test runs today. We were just easing in to it today. We found out we still have to do a little more clearencing on the front fender before we get real crazy with it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCWKBJTsSyE

Sorry the quality is not the best!

Last edited:

Modman

Loc.
Laurens, SC
Flex Testing

Did a little more testing today to see how it would flex. It has great offroad characteristics. I don't think a normal Raptor will go were this will.

Here is a link to a video from today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtVBXcH6_Cw

Attachments

• 100_1770.jpg
    100_1770.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 238
  • 100_1773.jpg
    100_1773.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 1,874

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Lookin' good, Van! Needs some Autofab glass on it.

Todd Z.

Modman

Loc.
Laurens, SC
Lookin' good, Van! Needs some Autofab glass on it.

Todd Z.

Thanks Todd! That's what we had originally planned on doing but we were unsure of longevity and fitment quality? The customer wants a show quality and don't know if we can achieve that with aftermarket fiberglass quarters with out hours of working them? The Bronco also looks really aggressive with stock steelmetal and wide track width! At this point we were thinking about incorporating the Raptor flares. Any thoughts on that?

addicted

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Broussard, Louisiana
Thanks Todd! That's what we had originally planned on doing but we were unsure of longevity and fitment quality? The customer wants a show quality and don't know if we can achieve that with aftermarket fiberglass quarters with out hours of working them? The Bronco also looks really aggressive with stock steelmetal and wide track width! At this point we were thinking about incorporating the Raptor flares. Any thoughts on that?

The Raptor flares might be cool but they are HUGE. I think it would look better flared and bulged where the tires can tuck inside.

Attachments

• ford-bronco-1992-1996-6-inch-fiberglass-fenders-1.jpg
    ford-bronco-1992-1996-6-inch-fiberglass-fenders-1.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 559
  • ford-bronco-1992-1996-6-inch-fiberglass-fenders-3.jpg
    ford-bronco-1992-1996-6-inch-fiberglass-fenders-3.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 564

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

Any of the glass will take some fitment work but Autofab's is the best out there according to friends that own OJB prerunner trucks. Longevity is not an issue as long as you don't hit anything :).

I've seen a few older trucks with Raptor glass/flares adapted to them and I didn't care for the look.

Todd Z.

Modman

Loc.
Laurens, SC
Any of the glass will take some fitment work but Autofab's is the best out there according to friends that own OJB prerunner trucks. Longevity is not an issue as long as you don't hit anything :).

I've seen a few older trucks with Raptor glass/flares adapted to them and I didn't care for the look.

Todd Z.

We already have the fenders trimed to about where the stock Raptor would be. I think we are going to play with the Raptor flares before we order all new glass. I will be sure to post pics to get opinions.