• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

carb squirting gas?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Accelerator pump diaphragm is bad. engine is probably not flooded as a inop accelerator pump can make starting hard as the extra shot of gas needed to richen up the mixture is not there.

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
The failure of these seems to be getting worse. I go throught them often (every 2 years or so). I've trued up the housing which is about all you can do to help the issue.

I'm convinced these failures are due to the new blends of gas (ethanol) or at least contributing them them. I'll have to admit, my rig sits for a month now and then without being used and I'm sure that doesn't help either.

Has anyone tried the new "green" gaskets that Holley (and maybe some others) produce for alcohol ? I read that Holley is now including them in their rebuild kits due to the ethanol. Have not seen it just read it.

Not trying to hijack or start a he said she said about ethanol in gas now days just wonder if anyone is running the greens with success.

Tim

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

roparsons

If I am replacing the diaphragm, should I buy a rebuild kit and do the whole carb at the same time? Any tricks along the way you guys suggest to make things roll smooth? Thank you!!

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
yes, rebuild.careful with the float level, the 2100 is real picky about the float level.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
X2 just get a rebuild kit it will work out cheaper in the end and your whole carb will be rebuilt.

I think the failures are due to cheaper made parts nowadays