• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gateway Buckshot Mudders

ripper72

Loc.
Lafayette
We have a 25 year old set of Gateway P Buckshot mudders on our camp truck. After searching the web, I assumed these tires were not manufactured any longer. However, this weekend one of the guys at the camp had just bought a new pair of the Gateways(not sure what rim size he had). Does anyone know the deal with these tires. They are skinnier and more aggresive than the Maxxis buckshots everyone has.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are you in Lafayette Louisiana? You can get these tires (or could) from Hesselbein Tire Company in Jackson, MS, 601-352-3611. I ran a set Q78 Buckshots that I got from them a few years ago. I still see a lot of those tires around this area.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
OP
OP
ripper72

ripper72

Loc.
Lafayette
Thanks for the feedback. I will be in touch with them.

I had found the radials on the web but they are only for 16"rims.

The set I have on the camp truck(dodge powerwagon) were on my bronco until 2 years ago. They were purchased in 87 and have never seen pavement. Those tires are hard to stop in the mud.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
they still make the gateways and you can get them like JW said in Jackson they had Ps the last time i checked like a hundred of them but they aint cheap they are about 160 apiece for the Ps but like you said they are hard to stop in the mud the only truck that is going close to my dear camp is running gateways the rest of us are riding utvs and atvs