• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Headlight Adjustment Issues

edgeoffroad04

Hey Guys, since owning my Bronco I have always had issues aiming my headlights. I do have all of the adjustment screws along with the spring in the cups behind the head lights. I would adjust to the correct location and then drive the Bronco on or off road and find my headlights have adjusted out of position.

Maybe I am missing something here..Last Fall I ordered some new stock headlight adjuster screws and found as I adjusted these the plastic grommet that "holds" the screw in place to the grille would pull out of its aattchment to the grille causing the lights to fall out of alignment.

Hopefully some of this makes sense. Does anyone have any advice for a fixing this or a preferred adjustment screw set from a specific vendor that is strong enough to hold the headlights in place?

Thanks!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
While we're waiting for it to get moved, might as well talk about it.
I've never had a light come out of adjustment before. On ANY vehicle. So no experience in that regard, but it seems like there are only so many things that can go wrong with a headlight bucket. And most never go wrong.

Got any pics of these offending units from the inside (lamp removed)?
And when doing the adjustments, do you think they could be slipping inside the retaining rings? Do they fit well?

Good luck.

Paul

Broncobowsher

Total hack
So the plastic that the adjusters screwed into failed and that caused the headlights to go out of alignment?
And they were ALL new parts. At this point I can't say if it was a bad or incorrect screw, bad plastic, or mis-installed. Those are the 3 options as I see it.

Mine have always just worked, never had to deal with replacing any parts.

Attac

Contributor
Are your springs on the buckets
Chuck
Edit: just saw you said new springs. I had missed that sentence.

OP
OP
edgeoffroad04

edgeoffroad04

Thanks for the recommendations. I will dig further into the buckets and springs.