• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Windshield frame support

timsims

Loc.
POTEAU OKLA
I recently installed a 4 point roll bar in my 70 bronco. I put the roll bar in simply so i could install a bikini top. The windshield frame is not sturdy enough to allow me to pull the top tight. Does anyone make a windshield frame support brace. Maybe one that connects to the roll bar.

OP
OP
T

timsims

Loc.
POTEAU OKLA
Thanks for the response. The only braces i found require a bar next to the windshield frame. I need one to connect to the bar behind your head

Vincen

It is a 35” bar designed to attach to a Seatbelt bar. Item number 75-00122

suckerpunched

tim if I understand you correctly, you only have the portion of the cage behind the drivers seat, no forward legs or A pillar hoop right.
If that is the case I did something years ago on an old jeep that you might be able to try. I used a piece of schedule 40 pvc pipe and notched a saddle in to the back end of the pipe to fit against the hoop behind my head and the front end notched to fit the contour of the windshield frame. I also heated and bent it up slightly about 8" or so from the back end to push up on the bikini top for more headroom, plus it looked a little more like a roll bar part that way than a piece of plastic pipe. I painted it black, wedged it in there and tightened the bikini top which pinched it in there tight. It never moved, and was plenty of support for the windshield.

this is the only picture I could really come up with, And I have no idea why it flips it upside down. I know the jeep was right side up when I took the picture.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Before I had a front cage I used some 1 1/2” electrical conduit and attached 2 bars from the main hoop to the windshield frame. Took some fab work but was pretty easy to do. You do need it especially if you run without doors or door window frames.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
I have what I think Vincen said, but I cant remember where I bought them - thought either BC Broncos or Bronco Hut. Looked at both sites and can't find them. 3' long (or so) attach to windshield frame and again to roll bar behind the seats. They are at an angle, otherwise would have to shorten them and re-thread one end on each.

There is a Luke Bryan album with him in a yellow EB on the cover which has them - where I first saw them. Don't know the name of the album either, sorry!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I have what I think Vincen said, but I cant remember where I bought them - thought either BC Broncos or Bronco Hut. Looked at both sites and can't find them. 3' long (or so) attach to windshield frame and again to roll bar behind the seats. They are at an angle, otherwise would have to shorten them and re-thread one end on each.

There is a Luke Bryan album with him in a yellow EB on the cover which has them - where I first saw them. Don't know the name of the album either, sorry!

were they kwralersedge http://www.krawlersedge.com/early-bronco-roll-cages-with-built-in-seatbelt-harness/#

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Nah, Skiddy.......that isn't what I mean. When it warms up a bit today, I will uncover my Bronco and try to get a few pics.

Gotta add some grommets to the cover anyway to prevent it from blowing away. Almost lost it twice in one day due to 40+ mph winds. Inlaws saved it the first time and my passenger mirror hooked it just enough to save it the 2nd time.