• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SC Looking for original, uncut Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triplezero

I'm looking for an original, uncut bronco. Would like it to be as rust free as possible and in good condition mechanically.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
w/that budget ought to find a pretty good one.. Good luck

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
All I got to say is ask us before you buy. Make sure the title matches the frame and not just the glovebox door. My local DMV chks the frames vin when it comes to transferring ownership from an out of state seller. Save yourself the headache and due your due diligence.

OP
OP
T

Triplezero

Thank you for the advice. Any other tips are welcome. There was a '71 listed in CT that I should have pulled the trigger on, but it sold yesterday.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Thank you for the advice. Any other tips are welcome. There was a '71 listed in CT that I should have pulled the trigger on, but it sold yesterday.

Ask for a pic of the vin stamped on the frame. If you can't get it then move on. You don't want to be stuck at the DMV with a $30k bronco that you can't transfer ownership to your name. Finding a bronco with a legit stamped vin with matching title is money well invested.

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
I may sale my 66. I'll even check it out for you! LOL
Your posted budget is a little low for it. If interested, shoot me a PM., I'll send pictures.
It is damn near perfect as to the day it rolled of the line.

Thanks

OP
OP
T

Triplezero

Last edited:

dmplatt

Contributor
That crowd isn't quite as educated as the folks here - not about these trucks at least. It looked pretty fair to me and seems to be well within the going market rate. In that auction on that day with those watchers - the market said $26. All depends on what you are looking for.

I'm curious to see what other folks here catch from the photos or comments.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
If it has all matching numbers including the frame that's not bad. The low miles is what I think help the price tag. A good bit of surface rust underneath but nothing a garage guy can't fix. The market spoke and it said $26k but it's a $17k-$19k on this website. I would have really looked hard at the floors and rockers before investing $26k. If the tub is golden and doors close well then $26k might have been a very good deal.

OP
OP
T

Triplezero

If it has all matching numbers including the frame that's not bad. The low miles is what I think help the price tag. A good bit of surface rust underneath but nothing a garage guy can't fix. The market spoke and it said $26k but it's a $17k-$19k on this website. I would have really looked hard at the floors and rockers before investing $26k. If the tub is golden and doors close well then $26k might have been a very good deal.

Thank you for the feedback. This is very helpful.

And most importantly, GO TIGERS! I'm a '98 Clemson grad as well. Got my masters degree there in 2000. Was in Tampa this year for the big game.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
And most importantly, GO TIGERS! I'm a '98 Clemson grad as well. Got my masters degree there in 2000. Was in Tampa this year for the big game.

Shut your pie-hole! It's a small world after all. I haven't attended any games since getting married and having kids over the last 8 or so years. You better believe I've been watching them though. My wife is a Coot grad so it's a divided house. I wanted to go to Tampa but the thousands they were wanting for a ticket was unrealistic for me to pay especially when my wife has diapers and food to buy. Besides some of the money I saved I spent some on my bronco.

OP
OP
T

Triplezero

Shut your pie-hole! It's a small world after all. I haven't attended any games since getting married and having kids over the last 8 or so years. You better believe I've been watching them though. My wife is a Coot grad so it's a divided house. I wanted to go to Tampa but the thousands they were wanting for a ticket was unrealistic for me to pay especially when my wife has diapers and food to buy. Besides some of the money I saved I spent some on my bronco.

Yeah, we were lucky to have some friends that are in IPTAY, so the ticket price for me and my wife was reasonable.

You live in Columbia AND have a gamecock wife? You are a stronger man than I.

Status
Not open for further replies.