• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What's your favorite style of accessory switch/panel?

Digger556

Lots of people use the Carling-style switches, but I was wondering what's your favorite style of switch or control panel?

Examples:
IMG_0765-Version-2.jpg

8_Switch_Panel_Blue-2.jpg

Switchpro1.jpg

American%20Marine%20Design%20Port%20Switch%20Panel.jpg

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I have been using stock switches. Headlight switch for accessorie lights. Park position for one set. Headlight for the other and then can use dome setting for a third. The factory dash hazard switch is a simple pull on oush off and can use it for anyhing else. Makes it all look factory :)

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I have been using stock switches. Headlight switch for accessorie lights. Park position for one set. Headlight for the other and then can use dome setting for a third. The factory dash hazard switch is a simple pull on oush off and can use it for anyhing else. Makes it all look factory :)

That's the way I'm going too.
Making it look more like factory installed than something from the space shuttle.
The gas gauge switch is a neat three position switch.

Though a few switches a bit like in the last pic might be used individually, if they can look enough like the brake warning light to fit in.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
These have recently become my favorite. Not cheap, and certainly not "factory" but you can configure them however you want, everything is canbus so no fuses, relays or other wiring problems to worry about, makes the install so clean and easy and if you have a problem its easy to find and if you want to change it its not a nightmare. We've been using them on sidexsides, the savings in labor is enough make the difference in total price.

http://www.4x4spod.com/product_p/8-800-hd-uni.htm

OP
OP
Digger556

Digger556

These have recently become my favorite. Not cheap, and certainly not "factory" but you can configure them however you want, everything is canbus so no fuses, relays or other wiring problems to worry about, makes the install so clean and easy and if you have a problem its easy to find and if you want to change it its not a nightmare. We've been using them on sidexsides, the savings in labor is enough make the difference in total price.

http://www.4x4spod.com/product_p/8-800-hd-uni.htm

I'm glad to see this style of control gaining popularity. Still wish the switches themselves had a little more style.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I'm glad to see this style of control gaining popularity. Still wish the switches themselves had a little more style.

Most definitely agree about style. I've been wanting to sink one into a console with a flush self lifting tap to open cover, or mount it to the cover. Would be a cool clean touch that is hidden until you need it