• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Serpentine conversion help

tw322

Ok, so I purchased a serpentine conversion from an Explorer. The kit is supposed to be complete but the box it was in was beat to shit by the post office. I have attached some pictures of what I received. Does this look complete or am I missing parts? I know that the ac pump and alternator are not here because I plan on buying a new alternator and dont plan on using an ac pump for ac or on board air. What about other parts that I need. I have the stock radiator, so do I need a new one? Will spacing be an issue? My plan is to have/pay someone to help me with the install so that it is done correctly and fairly timely since my Bronco has been down awhile. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• serp conv 1.jpg
    serp conv 1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 102
  • serp conv 2.jpg
    serp conv 2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 78

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
PS pump is missing as well as all the bolts. Look in the tech article for the bolt sizes and any other questions.

OP
OP
tw322

tw322

Sorry should have mentioned the bolts were sent. This is for my 351w and was supposed to be complete so I wouldn't need anything.

OP
OP
tw322

tw322

Hahaha....yes. It is disappointing that I am missing stuff. What about the harmonic balancer?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The balancer is there. You will need to have it rebalanced for the 351.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
And the alternator is missing. But, hey, you get to bypass the part where you try to make the old PS pump and alternator work and just get new ones from the get go. Saves a lot of time.

OP
OP
tw322

tw322

Perfect thanks. Now I will have to start a thread to find someone who wants to take on the task of coming to help for some extra money. Any ideas on what the cost for someone to install this runs...with me looking over their shoulder and helping so I can learn?

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA

mattt

Bronco Guru
What is the remanant of the high pressure ps line hooked to? It seems to be in the same area as the feed line from the reservoir, but it doesn't make sense that the seller would remove the pulley if the pump is there. It's hard to tell in the pics...

OP
OP
tw322

tw322

What is the remanant of the high pressure ps line hooked to? It seems to be in the same area as the feed line from the reservoir, but it doesn't make sense that the seller would remove the pulley if the pump is there. It's hard to tell in the pics...

Help me out..is that the one coming off the metal tubing? It's not connected to anything. Looks like it was cut on the other side.

OP
OP
tw322

tw322

I got all of this from a seller on here but like I said, it's likely that stuff fell out in transit. He said the first time he sent it out that it came back to him in bad shape so he had to repackage and resend. I think the post office dragged it behind there truck for a couple of miles before I got it.

Anyone know anyone good with this type of conversion in the Santa Clarita Valley who might be able to help me with this mess for a few bucks for their troubles?

mattt

Bronco Guru
Yes, cut on one end(the rubber hose end) and male threaded fitting on the other. That is the high pressure line coming out of the ps pump.

If you have basic mechanical skills, doing the swap is pretty straight forward if you read and understand the tech article linked in a prior post.

ilovemaui

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pacific Moist West
Ace hardware has about the best selection of bolts I've seen anywhere and they are cheap. They sell grade 5 and grade 8. Read the tech article and the comments following it before you make your bolt list. If Ace doesn't have the exact length pick up the next size longer and shorter.

Autozone sells the PS pump for about $60.

OP
OP
tw322

tw322

Ace hardware has about the best selection of bolts I've seen anywhere and they are cheap. They sell grade 5 and grade 8. Read the tech article and the comments following it before you make your bolt list. If Ace doesn't have the exact length pick up the next size longer and shorter.

Autozone sells the PS pump for about $60.

Perfect thanks. I Will have to shoot down this weekend and pick up the ps pump.

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
Looks to me like your power steering pump is there! Large rubber line from bottom of reservoir to the pump supply fitting and high pressure line from pump to where its cut. Hard to tell as your bracket it turned over (pump towards floor) but, unless my eyes decieve me, its there. Also, is the thermostat housing in the bag with the bolts or is it gone?