• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for purchase input

luke

Looks very nice! Hood scoops and headliner are odd but very nice looking bronco. Make sure you look at it in person!

Jaxgtc

Like you, I appreciate the fact that a lot of factory look was maintained (and a lot was changed too). They did a nice job with it. That's a lot of jack from where I sit. With that kind of money you should have more options if you are patient. With that said I have always held the opinion that the price is what you are willing to pay, not what someone else says its worth. Make yourself happy.

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
I have some work Buddies that live in Sherman. I just asked about this place last week. Both of them told me they are known for slapping a paint job on something and selling it. They said their vehicles, typically are not nearly as nice as they appear in the pictures.
I'm not saying this one is not a good one, just don't buy it with out looking or having someone look at it for you.
Good Luck!

Hotrodjohn

Go look at Mecum past auction results, you can search back for years. For that money or close to it you could get an uncut completely restored Bronco or a survivor in very good condition and Ive seen some very good frame off restored uncut ones sell for under 50 on eBay. It is the uncut that are closest to original that seem to bring the most money both at the tv auctions and eBay. It just depends on what your looking for, that one looks to be pretty good but hard to tell by pics alone. Looks like a spray can silver to that transfer case and some type of undercoating sprayed on the underside. I think with patience you could do a lot better.......

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Those scoops on the hood looks like dryer vent covers.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Interior portion of both doors are dented, scratched, and have worn paint. For a $50,000 Bronco, the whole thing should be done correctly. That transmission cooler is going to get pelted by all kinds of road grime and debris. Transfer case has painted over grease and dirt - especially at the output shaft housing. Liftgate handle isn't installed correctly. Chrome trim on the tailgate is dented. Rear flares aren't installed correctly. Antenna isn't factory or reproduction - just an autopart store replacement. Wires going to the door speakers aren't in any kind of loom. One of the three mounting holes in each arm rest is covered up. Rear housing was simply painted over instead of cleaned or blasted before doing so. All of this stuff would expected to be taken care of and done correctly on a $50,000 Bronco.

KeithKinPhx

For those of us who have them, this does seem a little steep. Kind of like we remember buying gas for 99 cents. Given the feedback above and couple of weird things in the pictures it would definitely need an up close inspection.

Specifically the door panels seem way too generic considering the headliner and seats, the funky hood scoops and the Dana 20 seem way too close to those exhaust pipes.

Tugross302

It amazes me how some of you guys can immediately pick out problems just from pictures. Sure I noticed the painted over dirt underneath but my immediate opinion was it looked pretty good. Then after Justin pointed out all those flaws I went back and looked again. I agree totally that a $50,000 bronco should be done right. After looking closer I see all those problems. You guys are good. Are the turn signal lenses in the grill clear? Also the stickers in the engine compartment are wrong

chuckyb

Contributor
I agree with Justin. It has curb appeal but the way the chassis and components have been painted over should be a warning sign.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I have some work Buddies that live in Sherman. I just asked about this place last week. Both of them told me they are known for slapping a paint job on something and selling it. They said their vehicles, typically are not nearly as nice as they appear in the pictures.
I'm not saying this one is not a good one, just don't buy it with out looking or having someone look at it for you.
Good Luck!

Great info for sure..

Thanks you guys, thats just the kind of info Im after!

Welcome aboard Chris.. if you can afford that price range, keep looking, remain patient and you'll get a very nice, great shape rig...

Good luck

And feel free to vote daily for CB as top 4x4 site, link at bottom of page *Pride thing :)

renrag

Loc.
Eastern Iowa
....Transfer case has painted over grease and dirt - especially at the output shaft housing. ...... Rear housing was simply painted over instead of cleaned or blasted before doing so. All of this stuff would expected to be taken care of and done correctly on a $50,000 Bronco.

I could be off the rails here, but the "grime" on the axle and tcase looked more like poorly aimed undercoating that was painted over. That doesn't make it better, just a different perspective. I have no opinion on its value.

KeithKinPhx

I think the consensus is if this was a house then it would be labeled a flip.

That being said a rig fully restored by the great shops are commanding 100k. Plus.

Just sad to see one done half baked.

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
For close to $50K, I don't expect to see cracked and dry rotted radius arm bushings.

landshark99

Bronco Guru
I know how it is when your passion gets the best of you but for 50k I would look for a private sale. You will get a better bronco and typically won’t have to deal with a lipstick on a pig job you will find with most hot rod car dealers.

I have seen some top notch restorations with some modern touches in the 50k range

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
For that price, they should have thrown in one of those bolt-on fuel injection setups.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
WARNING!!

I would only buy if i looked at it.

Looking at photos, I see the common car dealership trick of spraying the underside black to make it look good, you can see it on the rear axle, they sprayed right over clumps of grease or dirt, same on fuel tank, right over the plastic tank, they painted a plastic tank??

And for that, I think all the other bronco's on ebay are going for 20-35K for that level of bronco.

Be careful, dont buy without looking at it.

I also bet if you research, you could find this same bronco being sold recently at one of the auctions or online for probably 1/3rd to half the price they are getting online.

Remember, when you bid on Ebay, you may be bidding against the guy trying to sell it.