• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Broncos Soft Top Vs. Best Top

WARDOG

Loc.
Graniteville, CA
I know this must already be out there, but I cannot find in a search.
I am looking for a soft top.
Must have the ability to remove or roll down the rear side panels.
Must have the ability to reasonably keep it watertight when buttoned up for winter.
I would likely keep the roof panel on all of the time for sun shade.
Best Top gets great reviews but the only color I can find is Black - Not so good.
I like the asthetics of the BC Broncos Top, and the colors available (Tan to match my rig and to blend into a dusty top).
Opinions for those that have either top, or who have had both especially.

Thanks-

JustinFro

Loc.
Tulsa, OK
Price is the kicker. If you can afford the BC top, go that route. Looks damn good and highly functional.

I opted for the Best Top since I only run it in the winter.

CoronaDog

Loc.
San Antonio
I do not own either of these soft tops, I bought my bronco with the rampage top,and do not like it. I have seen the BC top at their place, and I like how it is constructed. It looks like it will last a very long time, plus the color options. All the armature looks to bolt to body solidly. One of the pet peeves of the rampage top I have is it is loud as hell when its up. I think you'll get what you pay for with the BC top. It is on my list.

bchesley

I mulled over the purchase of a soft top for almost a year. I actually went back and forth over this same question, BC or Bestop. I ended up buying a BC top. A business trip to San Antonio had me an hour drive away so I decided to drive out to look at the top. Once I saw one in person it was a no brainer to me. One of my most expensive single purchases, but one of the best purchases also. I love the fit and finish, look, ease of use, and its durability. I plan on adding a roof rack and the headliner.

BNC04

Loc.
Longmont
I do not own either of these soft tops, I bought my bronco with the rampage top,and do not like it. I have seen the BC top at their place, and I like how it is constructed. It looks like it will last a very long time, plus the color options. All the armature looks to bolt to body solidly. One of the pet peeves of the rampage top I have is it is loud as hell when its up. I think you'll get what you pay for with the BC top. It is on my list.

I really don't have a dog in this hunt but, my rampage top is not loud at all.
There is give an take on all of the 3 primary options. I went with the rampage because it was a little shorter in the center brace than the best top and I couldn't afford the BC top.

Rampage folds down to the tailgate. Rear and side windows come off, though the sides are not as easy to attach. If they had snaps it would be about the perfect top in my book.

Good luck, the research is part of the fun!.
Brett

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Difference is price/quality.

BC High $$, very good quality

Rampage - decent price and good quality.

Depends on the look you want and the $$ you want to pay Good luck ;D

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
If I buy another soft top it will be from bc. Well worth the $. The cheaper ones don't last. Also hate the hardware on the stc or bestop. Not just the rattles but the kids cant climb over the bedrails to get in.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
The Bestop Supertop on my rig is 8 years old and it has done its deed. Stitching is coming apart. Rear window side zippers no longer functional. This is its last year. I may go with a BC if shipping to Hawaii doesn't hurt much.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
If you are comparing the Best Top/Rampage type of tops to Chucks...well....that ain't really fair....I mean they are both technically soft tops but the similarities end there.
It is like comparing a Corvette to a Focus because technically they're both hatchbacks.

If you are asking you haven't looked too hard at Chucks.
One serious look at that stunning soft top and you will never look back at the typical style again.
I saw an eb about a year ago that had the BC top with the roof rack/basket attched. He even had a canoe attached to the basket. What a beautiful set up.
I haven't been that jealous about anything in years. Haha.

BLAZEOFGLORY

BC top

Save your money and go with the BC top you want regret it. I put mine on week before Townsend drove up there and back I had no regrets buying a BC top, really quiet and tight, NO flapping. After the show and it has warmed up it tighten up more. Pics were took at about 40 degrees

Attachments

• New top.jpg
    New top.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 1,081
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 980
  • New Top Rear.jpg
    New Top Rear.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 943
Last edited:

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I have a kayline top. It was given to me my buddy Deano (name on here) Same as rampage only way older. It is blue in color and fits tight as a glove it only has two bad places in it hat I am getting repaired and new sippers put in it. The windows roll up safari style which I love. And the top folds back to the tailgate and has a boot to roll the top up in. I would say the top is 15 to twenty years old and still goin strong

OP
OP
WARDOG

WARDOG

Loc.
Graniteville, CA
Thanks everyone who has input.

If you are comparing the Best Top/Rampage type of tops to Chucks...well....that ain't really fair....
If you are asking you haven't looked too hard at Chucks....

Sorry 'B-Nut'. Is "Chuck's" the B.C.? I am out here in Kalifornistan and don't know better.

BLAZE _ Gorgeous rig! I didn't think red was a good color for a Bronco until I saw Blaze of Glory. Wow. Time to get it dirty though!
Are the snaps Stainless?

I spoke with B.C. today. They said the tops are made to order with a 4-6 week delivery. Shipping is usually $250 - $275.
I DO like the way the B.C.'s look and like the well made frame. I haul a canoe around and that frame would be beneficial for a canoe rack.
Since I will be keeping the roof section on full-time, folding down and storing the entire soft-top is not a concern for me (BestTop). It's looking like B.C. will get my business after I save a little more. I am hoping for a 8-10 year life for that kind of money though.

ghost66

Bronco Guru
BC Top

I ordered my BC top in winter knowing it would take awhile to be made, it did take longer than the 4-6 weeks but well worth it the top is very good quality and looks fantastic. I've had all of the other tops at one time or another and they all leak, flap, and have no structure. If you can afford this top it's the only one to go with. Good news is that if you have to save for it the delivery time is long enough that it makes it possible since they don't bill until it ships. Nothing but thumbs up from me. I bought the tinted windows and put them on at first but it just too hot for me right now they'll go back on come October or November.

Attachments

• Bronco top1.jpg
    Bronco top1.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 806
  • Bronco top 2.jpg
    Bronco top 2.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 913
  • bronco top 4.jpg
    bronco top 4.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 768

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
we now have a full time welder so we have the frames instock so the lead time is about a week or so (fabric part is made to order, yes you can 2 tone it "stroppe colors")

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
On a tight budget? Rampage is perfect. I've had this top 5 years now, great fit, still solid, not too loud,

and... It is down in 5 - 10 minutes.

75junebug

Loc.
NW Houston Tx
There is one vendor that sells a spice colored rampage top. I cannot recommend it. The hardware is cheap, the snaps do not line up, and this rampage top has a funky way of attaching the rear side sections and removable tailgate section. I am going to have to modifye a bunch of crap to make it usable. Spend the extra money on a BC top. It appears not only is the frame work much better, but the top material looks to be a lot more durable as well. Oh, and the stitching on mine in several areas was not finished. I am going to have to go back with some supoer glue or the like and apply to the end areas to keep it from unraveling.

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Not trying to hijack, but I'm in the process of putting my Hardtop back on my truck -- trying to decide whether or not to keep my BC top "just in case" I wanna go back to that look or try to sell it. No sure if there a market for a "used" BC Safari top (been on my truck for about 2 yrs, always garaged)? Any thoughts?

OP
OP
WARDOG

WARDOG

Loc.
Graniteville, CA
... No sure if there a market for a "used" BC Safari top .... Any thoughts?

Nice rig Cajun. I'm sure there is a market for a used BC Top, however something to consider is the shipping costs. If your top was the color I was looking for I might consider it.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Thanks everyone who has input.

Sorry 'B-Nut'. Is "Chuck's" the B.C.? I am out here in Kalifornistan and don't know better.

BLAZE _ Gorgeous rig! I didn't think red was a good color for a Bronco until I saw Blaze of Glory. Wow. Time to get it dirty though!
Are the snaps Stainless?

I spoke with B.C. today. They said the tops are made to order with a 4-6 week delivery. Shipping is usually $250 - $275.
I DO like the way the B.C.'s look and like the well made frame. I haul a canoe around and that frame would be beneficial for a canoe rack.
Since I will be keeping the roof section on full-time, folding down and storing the entire soft-top is not a concern for me (BestTop). It's looking like B.C. will get my business after I save a little more. I am hoping for a 8-10 year life for that kind of money though.

Sorry Bud.
Yes Chucks is BC. I should have just said that to start with.
It is alot more money but you will not have buyers remorse...ever...
I can't wait 'til the old lady gives me the green light to purchase mine.
My buddy in North Carolina has one and it is just dripping with quality every where you look Bro.

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Not trying to hijack, but I'm in the process of putting my Hardtop back on my truck -- trying to decide whether or not to keep my BC top "just in case" I wanna go back to that look or try to sell it. No sure if there a market for a "used" BC Safari top (been on my truck for about 2 yrs, always garaged)? Any thoughts?

Yes I will take it if you decide to sell. I would be happy to meet you in breck next time your in town and save the pain of shipping :)