• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ruffstuff 9" & 14 bolt Pinion Guards!

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
Here they are, we've made these for 3 years now!

I really wanted to make them sooner but 3 other companies made them & I didn't want anyone to think we copied someone elses' product but now 9 or 10 other companies make them so I see it as a generic product so if I could improve it I can make it!

normal_9%20and%2014%20bolt%20pinion%20guards.jpg

We have added more access to the bolts while still protecting them and they are long enough to actually protect the U-joint unlike some of the shorties I am seeing out there. They are made of 3/8" & 1/2" material and will take a beating for many years to come.

normal_9%20inch%20pinion%20guard%201.jpg

The 2 pieces are attached to each other by an old woodworkers technique of finger jointing them so they have to be bent precisely to fit and gain tons of strength over the others butt welds & to top it off they are welded inside and out! We don't sell these as a kit, they are ready to go at this price, $60 before the BRONCO discount. And for those of you that are mathamatically challenged thats $54...

normal_14%20bolt%20pinion%20guard%202~0.jpg

Thanks for keeping us so busy!

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What's the cost for one that fits the Ford Sterling 10.25?

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
got one of these on the race rig. they are super beefy!! I do have a problem getting to the bolt in about the 4-5 o'clock position, but really like it. I think the 5 3/8 bolts would snap before this thing got damaged...

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
got one of these on the race rig. they are super beefy!! I do have a problem getting to the bolt in about the 4-5 o'clock position, but really like it. I think the 5 3/8 bolts would snap before this thing got damaged...
That bolt will be a little challenging on any but if you turn the DS a tad the yoke gets out of the way...;)

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
Protection, if you don't have it you need it and if you are like me after you get one you will not need it, but thats just luck of the draw!