• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Full width rear axle offset question.

Lohman

I'm doing the full width swap with 77 f-150 axles, To get the wheels centered under the Bronco the driveshaft will run at a little angle to the right. The pinion will sit about 2 inches to the passenger side compared to the original axle. Has this caused any vibration problems for those that has done this swap? This is the rear axle.

Rymadd

Haha I did the swap about a month ago. Welded it all up and got my pinion pointed exactly 1 degree down from straight. Just went out and looked at it and realized that your right it does have an angle to the side. I have taken it up to 85 (on uhh private roads) without any vibrations at all.

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
I wasted some $ and had a full width made that centered the driveshaft. I'll file it under the live and learn category.
1. Cost more
2. It's not necessary
3. Had to have custom axles built. Which if I have breakage these won't be on the shelf anywhere.

just my .2