• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brake Pedal to hard???

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
'70 Bronco w/ stock drum brake set-up. I just changed everything in the front brakes, the rears and lines were changed by the previous owner a few months ago along with the M/C. The Bronco did set after his work for several months with no use. Newer M/C from previous owner, brake lines, newer rubber hoses, wheel cylinders, shoes, and hardware. After bleeding the brakes thoroughly ...the pedal is pretty darn hard right at the top. Seems to stop just fine, and not really complaining, but just seems like you can only push it down a an inches or so before its hard. Usually I have around 3" or 4" or more until the brake pedal feels hard. Any ideas, or don't worry about it?

Thanks,

Blue71

patterdale

Bronco Guru
Perfect. It means everything is tight and good to go. Manual brakes are not like power brakes in their "feel"

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Absolutely. Sounds like what mine was/is when everything is in spec. The only thing I'd add is...
Congratulations!

Paul

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
That's the way mine were when I replaced everything new. I added HB since and have some give in it now, but a lot better brakes. Still all drums though.
It just means you did everything right- brakes adjusted and bled well.