• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early Bronco Wheel offset?

volnut77

Loc.
knoxville
I'm having a frameoff done on my 77 and have decided to go with a 3.5 suspension lift and 33x12.5's. I'm buying wheels right now and plan to get 15x10's. The wheel I like has a -38 offset. Will this work? Or am I causing myself trouble?

Thanks

71broncman

Loc.
Woodland Park, Co
According to the chart I have -38 offset = 4" backspace. You might have to use a 1/2" spacer to not have the tires rub at full lock. There was a thread on this very subject a few days ago. You might want to look it up.
Merry Christmas, Mark

fetorino

Loc.
Orange, CA
You may also want to rethink the 10" width

I'm having a frameoff done on my 77 and have decided to go with a 3.5 suspension lift and 33x12.5's. I'm buying wheels right now and plan to get 15x10's. The wheel I like has a -38 offset. Will this work? Or am I causing myself trouble?

Thanks

With that size tire an 8" rim would be better. JMO

getfuzzy

backspace is what you want to look at. I run 4" BS with 15x8s But 3.5" BS is more easy to fit and clear brakes and tie rods.

KennyB

Loc.
Simi Valley
My 15x8" wouldnt clear the Knuckles when I put in a 76-77 front end. The 75 bronco in my Avatar is running 15'x10" Western Bullet Rims. and 33" Wrangler R/T's... they looked awesome! the Tread was even with the edge of the flare, and the side wall Balooned out 1/2". This build has 17"x9" rims. and they clear the brakes and knucles. problem is, the 17" rims have a 4.5" backspacing. I had to cough up another $180 for 4 wheel spacers.