• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

bronco to the car show.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
My daughter entered her truck in the school car show today. After seeing the competition I thought she may have a chance to place. We spent the afternoon looking at the cars and staying in the shade. Well long story short she got nothing. But the cars I thought had a chance to win got nothing either? Seems that when kids vote their friends cars gets all the votes. Oh well, it was still a good car day. We got lots of nice comments on the Bronco. here are some of the cars I thought would win. yes that is a Buick GSX and the guy announcing called it a mustang!!! The owner was sitting with me and I just about fell out of my chair laughing. He took it pretty well. The Volkswagen got first place. it was a nice build. No more school car shows for me.

bax

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 133
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 94
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 56
  • P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 74
  • P1010010.JPG
    P1010010.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 124
  • P1010028.jpg
    P1010028.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 159

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
The VW is cool looking, but unless it has a 427 under the "hood" - I don't see how it should have beat the bronco. Sure, I'm biased. But the bronco is sweet!!!

BTW- I love those wheels on it!

snipes243

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntersville, NC
man I should seriously learn to read better cause I suck at it. I guess I should have paid better attention, instead of day dream about broncos and girls.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Wow Bax, your Bronco sure turned out nice. How long till Chuck has a top for you? Also those GSX's are pretty rare anymore. Most people don't realize how fast they were, back in 1970. I'm not much of a GM guy but those GSX's always catch my eye.

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Wow Bax, your Bronco sure turned out nice. How long till Chuck has a top for you? Also those GSX's are pretty rare anymore. Most people don't realize how fast they were, back in 1970. I'm not much of a GM guy but those GSX's always catch my eye.

Thanks for the complement. Chuck will send the top to me when he is finished and happy with letting it go out. The GSX was nice but half the people didn't even know what they were looking at.

Dowd

Loc.
Springfield, OR
Your Bronco looks great. High School is and always will be an ongoing popularity contest. Has your Bronco ever been in a magazine?

66Bronco

That Bronco totally looks great! I would have voted for it for sure. Maybe you didn't win but that's how those types of shows go sometimes. The important thing is whether or not you enjoyed the show with your daughter.

-Terry

Itsa67

Those highschool shows are definitely a popularity contest. If there was an actual craftsmanship judging things would have come out a little different cause those quarters on yours are killer. The GSX brought back fond memories of when my dad had his Olds 442...I love the non "big three" musclecars from that time period. Thanks for the pictures.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Whoops... Yeah, they gotta work on their voting system huh... :(

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I never look to get an award of any kind at any show. There is always something that one can sit back a question about the show like how does a brand new car off the show room floor place or win! Half the time I don't hang out that long to see who won what anyways and bax, enough can't be said about your Bronco. It is sweeeeeet looking.

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
The Bronco is very nice. Looks like a nice show. If I could have one of all the toys I want the VW 3 door pickup would be one of them. The idea of the bed flipping down and the extra storage bin under the bed is too cool. Love the Porsche rims and the stance. Oh, this is a EB forum and I am glad to finally have another EB in my stable. Yeah yours will be a background for me too. Wish the tops would have been better to us...

Heus33

Bronco Guru
wow - thats a high school car show??? No one I knew had cars like THAT in highschool.

brian72

Early Bronco Student
wow - thats a high school car show??? No one I knew had cars like THAT in highschool.

I was thinking the same thing....must be a new trend in HS...rebuilt nice looking vintage cars/trucks. Is the ricer thing going out?

FerrumCampitor

Loc.
Hutchinson, MN
We held a High School car show at my school once. And we had some pretty nice rides there, but all of them were borrowed for the show. One of my buddies entered a '32 Ford coupe that was pretty sweet. But it belonged to a friend of his Dad's. I think there was only one truck in the show that actually belonged to a student.

Hey Bax, the kiddies are all about the fun factor. Next time, throw a surf board or two on top, and see how you do. Some people need a little help visuallizing the possibilites. ;D

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
We had one at my HS back in the late 80's. Some of us had our own rides, some of the rich kids brought their daddys' toys, but the hands-down show stoppers were from the Vo-Tech kids. A friend of mine had a SWEET '53 Ford F100: LS6 454 engine, TH400 trans, Jag independent rear end, painted a beautiful yellow with teak in the bed & throughout the interior. It was stunning and he had done 95% of the work himself. He not only won the car show, but took the High School Drags 2 weeks later. He became one of the best rod & custom guys in the midwest until he d@mn near got killed on his Harley, but that's another story.