• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ADMIN How to upload photos - Become a Contributor

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
There are two ways to upload photos to the forums;
  1. Free - Use an outside photo hosting site. Click here for instructions.
  2. $12 per year - Become a Contributor and help support the site. See instructions below.

Become a Site Contributor!

Click here to sign up.
Contributor status includes:
  • Photo Uploads in the Forums
  • Contributor title under your username
  • Twice the disc space in the Photo Gallery
  • Twice the PM space in your inbox
  • And of course you help support this site!
For a small fee ($12 for one year) you can now become a site Contributor and have the ability to upload photos directly into your posts in the forums. Payment can be made via Paypal subscription service or check.

Photo Upload Guidelines

You'll be able to upload and attach photos directly to any new post (or reply) you make on the forums, including the classifieds. Photos are a great way to help explain a question or answer, show off your rig, sell your parts or Bronco, etc.
  • The forum software will attempt to resize your images as you upload them, so size shouldn't be a big deal anymore. If you're having problems with the upload being slow it's possible your images are extremely large. Try uploading 1 or 2 at a time if you run into speed issues.
  • Photos can be JPG, GIF or BMP types. (JPG is usually best to keep the size down)
  • Photos should follow the same rules as the rest of the forum. Try to keep it Bronco related. If it's not Bronco related at least be sure to post it in the Off Topic forum. Nudity is absolutely not allowed.
Please remember this is an added feature and completely optional. Nothing is being taken away or changed for standard members. If you currently show photos from your own website or one of the free web hosts you can continue to do so and you probably don't need this service. It just simplifies the process by allowing you to upload directly from your computer to the forums.

Instructions on uploading photos in your posts

12/09/21 - With the new forum software, inserting images in your post has become extremely easy. You now have several options; copy and paste, drag and drop, insert from your phone, or select files from your computer.

Option 1 - Copy and Paste images on the web, images on your computer, or screen shots. Use the same way you would in most other software (right click "copy" then right click "paste" or Ctrl-C then Ctrl-V)
Option 2 - Drag and Drop works with files from your computer or images on the web. Have the forum open in one window, then open a second window either from the web or to files on your computer. Then simply left click to drag them into the message window as you're writing your post.
Option 3 - Upload files directly from your computer. Click the "Insert Image" icon, then "Or Click here" and it will open a window on your computer. Find the files you want to upload. Note: If you are on your phone it should go directly to your photo gallery and let you select files from there, or take a photo.

1639796405723.png

Then simply finish writing your message as you normally would.

Modifying or deleting a photo

Once the image is inserted into your post you can left click on it, which brings up some options to edit and resize it. See below for what each icon does.

1639797824631.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Re:ADMIN - New Photo Upload Feature

Are you sure they're 300 BYTES, and not 300 KB? 300 KB would be more of a normal size for a digital camera.

1 KB = 1,000 BYTES
1 MB = 1,000 KB

(those are rounded off, but close enough for our use here)

I'll set up a quick tutorial on how to resize images. I'll include Photoshop and Paint Shop. If you need help resizing and are using another graphics program please let me know what it is.

Wildturkey

BANNED
Loc.
Coker, Alabama

Admin this new pic upload is awesome..Even a computer semi-literate like me figured it out in a couple of minutes.I will pick up Photoshop since several say it works great.Count on my $12.00.Thanks!!

Yellow75

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sioux Falls, SD

An easy way to go about resizing photo's for the board/internet if you have windows xp (probably ME as well). You can right click an picture and go to "send to" choose mail recipient and then it will pop up the image in an email. Save that to your desktop and send/upload it to the internet. Drops a 600k file do about 30 or so.

jerry

Contributor
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I just got off my lazy butt and made the contribution.

Don't know how much I'll use the photo upload feature... But really appreciate how much work Jon has done to promote the site, keep it running reliably, etc.

I encourage everyone to cough up the $12. Think about it - it's a small price to pay to support a great forum, and I know that I get way more than $12 worth of entertainment and information from here! 8)

Jerry

Reactions: Far

rayc

Loc.
Western Oregon
I sent my Paypal payment. please update me so I can get really really confused about how to add photos.;D

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Done. :) There are instructions on how to upload at the beginning of this thread. If you still have questions please post in the Test and Help forum.

Thanks!

ltatro

Loc.
Michigan
Well worth it!!

$12 is a very small price to pay for all the help and information that's available on this site. I'd urge anyone using this site to join and continue to promote Classic Broncos. Thanks to all the hard work put into this forum.

69Sport

Loc.
ST. Louis
Paid In Full

Hey I just signed up to be a contributor. I think this is a small price to pay for a great site like this. I hope to learn how to use the upload feature and put up a few pics. Thanks 69sport

LostInTheSouth

Loc.
Ramstein
It's easy to use once you are a contribute there well be a open field at the bottom of your message and a browse button just click it and find the file that you have your pictures in it's that easy.
YES IT IS A SMALL PRICE TO PAY.

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
I've just made my contribution.

I just want to say thanks, and that without this web page/forum I would still be scratching my head over many issues with my Bronco. The recourses here and the people are just fantastic!

Thanks for giving us all EB addicts a place like this!

Ron Morris