• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1977 SC Bronco Build

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I am building a Frankenbronco in all seriousness! I sold my 76 earlier in the year and have been lost since. But I had to keep the family comfortable and they come first. I had purchased a 77 frame about a year ago. It was in great shape and came with a clean Title. I also bought an uncut tub, new uncut fenders, eyebrow grill, and some other small pieces. I literally will be starting from a bare frame.

Still the same goal!

Attachments

• attachment-16.jpeg
    attachment-16.jpeg
    26 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:
OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Post 3-The Frame
Post 33- 1st attempt at galvanizing frame
Post 68- 2nd attempt at regalvanizing frame
Post 73- Galvanized frame has been powdercoated black
Post 91- rebuilding the frame has begun
Post 95- EZ Inch block
Post 98- Rear axle rebuild
Post 100- Anti Wrap on rear axle

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
The 77 frame

Got the frame delivered to my house so I can start my build. Will be doing some work on the frame such as smoothing the sides from all the rust pitting, fill in some unneeded holes, re-weld some areas, strengthen the PS box area, and whatever else you guys think. My plan is to have it galvanized in about three weeks. I have a company in Columbia who will coat it for $100 so I want to hurry up and get it done before they change their minds. I will have to sign a waiver in case the galvanizing process warps the frame. I don't think it will warp considering several guys on Classic Broncos have had it done, including NicksTrix. I've sought out his help and I truly appreciate his expertise. Once galvanized I plan to paint it using the KBS 3 Step Kit for less than $100. I plan to take great care to preserve the VIN stamps.

Attachments

• Frame 7.jpg
    Frame 7.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 366
  • Frame 6.jpg
    Frame 6.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 321
  • Frame 5.jpg
    Frame 5.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 326
  • Frame 3.jpg
    Frame 3.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 292
  • Frame 4.jpg
    Frame 4.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 308
  • Frame 1.jpg
    Frame 1.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 288
  • Frame 2.jpg
    Frame 2.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 307

SP66

Bronco Guru
Awesome goal. See. That bronco pic floating around for years. Always wondered about which blue it's painted. Good luck with build.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Did you get the frame from SC74 (Robert) over in Greenville or Grier?

OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Did you get the frame from SC74 (Robert) over in Greenville or Grier?

Got the frame from bronco hoarder MikeD. Him and Jbass have been a huge help. Now that deer season is in I won't hear from Mike till after Jan 1st next year!

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
I will be following this build as well as your other one that you had.

Looking forward to this build due to everything will be done right and to a T.

OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I will be following this build as well as your other one that you had.

Looking forward to this build due to everything will be done right and to a T.

Thx George, those 66 turning light buckets will look nice in my eyebrow grill! Will be keeping my eye out on some clear markers that will fit. See ya later this week to pick them up!

OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Looking forward to this build CD.....

Thx buddy! I've been waiting long enuff. My son calls every jeep a bronco! Can't expect too much from a 3 year old but he's getting better. Nonetheless this is going to be a two to three year build. I'm not gonna fool myself, this ain't gonna get done no time soon, especially with another potential deployment coming up next year. Might be a lil early to say this but another lil CD may be coming early next year too! That's what happens when you spend too much time in the bedroom and not enough time in the garage! Guys, learn from my mistakes!

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll be keeping my eye on this thread too. Good to see you staying in the EB world.

CONGRATS on the big news!!

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I think you've been over younder enuff! Here's hoping you don't get deployed again!

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got the frame from bronco hoarder MikeD. Him and Jbass have been a huge help. Now that deer season is in I won't hear from Mike till after Jan 1st next year!

That MikeD must have the Bronco parts. He seems to always have something that causes my $ to escape my wallet!;D;D..(and I'm still happy about it).

OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
That MikeD must have the Bronco parts. He seems to always have something that causes my $ to escape my wallet!;D;D..(and I'm still happy about it).

Were you the one who took off with that set of slot wheels? Hummm?!!!!!!! ;)

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You saying Mike had a set of slots?!? He didn't tell me that!

I thought that you might have gotten a '77 frame from SC74 because I got a tub that came from him (I got it through a third party)....(I thought I might have the tub to your frame), but NOT...

OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
You saying Mike had a set of slots?!? He didn't tell me that!

I thought that you might have gotten a '77 frame from SC74 because I got a tub that came from him (I got it through a third party)....(I thought I might have the tub to your frame), but NOT...

Well some other lucky fella from GA got'em then. They were in great shape!

The tub you see in my avatar came with a 72 title and matching GB door. I verified those two items at time of purchase but didn't verify the frame. The seller told me all three matched and like an idiot I took his word. I filled out the title and went to DMV and they wouldn't transfer the title till they saw the frames VIN. The VIN on the frame doesn't match and I was a lil pissed. I've contacted the seller twice and refuses to respond. It's not like I want my money back bc I gotta great uncut tub and 4.11 9" rear but man if I could ask him if he has the correct frame I'd pay him or it. That's why I'm so hardcore about VIN stamps and Titles.

OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Played a little hooky today, my head hurt. So why not just add a bunch of rust dust ans whatever else comes off the frame with a grinding wheel and wire wheel. I added a brace to the PS area. I've seen others do it and it looked to be a smart idea. I didn't weld it all the way around. The 800+ degree galvanizing process well get in there and fill in the space. I spent a couple of hours grinding down lots of factory weld boogers and splatter. May not get all of it but it will be worth the extra time doing it.

Attachments

• PS brace.jpg
    PS brace.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
OP
OP
Crawdad

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Can one of you tell me I'm not going nuts! Is the driverside body mount to the frame supposed to be at an angle? Look at last pic if it came out straight. The passenger side is more 90 degree than the drivers side. Please tell me everything is ok!!!! Okay?

Attachments

• Frobt frame.jpg
    Frobt frame.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 219
Last edited: