• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Behemoth Drivetrain - Strong Box Underdrive

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
That was stock stuff - I looked at beefing up the D20 and lowering the gears and it got close enough to Atlas territory that I just went that route in the end..

OP
OP
Behemoth DT

Behemoth DT

Loc.
Clarkson, KY
We have options for the NP205 also if you get worried about breaking the d20.
Our new NP205 shorty kit ends up at 13.5" from mount face to rear yoke if you are using bw1356 gears behind a full size ford tranny. Downsides to the 205 shorty are that you lose the speedo, and your rear output is moved to offset inline with the front output. I can probably make an add on kit to put the speedo back in right, but it would add about $250.

price209

Loc.
Folsom
Right now it is 7.9" using 241/271 gears, or 8.25" using Bw1356 gears. We can also do a 7.9" Strong Box with BW4406 gears (97+).

We are working on a version that replaces the 205 input shaft. When we get that going (6 months +) they will be 5.25" for the 241/271, and 6.5" for the bw1356. And they will cost 30-50% more.

Is this version up and running yet. I am seriously considering one but want it us short as possible.

OP
OP
Behemoth DT

Behemoth DT

Loc.
Clarkson, KY
The NP205 Shorty option is now available for an additional $200.

We are also finishing up on the C4 - EB D20 Strong Box. It has been revised several times and now it replaces the C4 tailhousing, and it is only 2.0" longer than the stock C4 tail housing. The EB D20 bolts directly to the back of the Strong Box. It can also be made with the NP205 Shorty option, instead of the D20.

Thanks!

price209

Loc.
Folsom
Sorry missed part of the thread, but how long is a 4r70w to np205 shorty and does it cost me my speedo? What is the shortest 4r70w/np205 I can run keeping my speedo? How long is it and what is the price?

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
The NP205 Shorty option is now available for an additional $200.

We are also finishing up on the C4 - EB D20 Strong Box. It has been revised several times and now it replaces the C4 tailhousing, and it is only 2.0" longer than the stock C4 tail housing. The EB D20 bolts directly to the back of the Strong Box. It can also be made with the NP205 Shorty option, instead of the D20.

Thanks!

Would is be possible to make one that replaces the 4R70W tailhousing? That would be epic!

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
the shortest

What is the shortest "Shorty" you make or can make for a ZF 5 speed and Dana 20 transfer case?

Which donor transfer case for the planetary gear-set?

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
I sure hope this is worth it. Was supposed to ship before Christmas, nope. Then talked to Jacob and was supposed to ship two weeks ago, nope. Then got an email that the shipping label was printed, just a ploy to get me excited. Not sure why I had to pay for something in November that won't ship until probably February. It's not like if I change my mind that there aren't several people waiting for their's to ship.

Jacob, when we order, why not just tell us 6 months delivery, take it or leave it. That way if we got it in 5 months we'd be happy as hell.

I own a business and when a client calls and I tell them a schedule I live by it. I don't make up excuses, don't leave them hanging and show up when I tell them, on time. I was taught many years ago that honesty is the best answer, after 35 years in the same business, with several original customers, it pays off.

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
Update. I got the front part about a week and a half ago. Great work, precise machining, just what I wanted. Now to get the rest, which was suppose to have shipped already.

My wife called today and I must say I feel some different than my first post. I hope Jacob doesn't mind my telling the truth so others understand his situation.

Once you receive his product you'll see it's a quality product. What's the shipping problem, help. He doesn't have and can't find good help. So many companies, large and small have run into this problem. Finding good help has become almost impossible, to a point that some companies end up going out of business. That's the problem with Behemoth, a great product, lots of orders and no one willing to work long enough to get the product out because they don't care. With all the orders, Jacob can't do it all himself yet doesn't have enough orders to sub it out, which could effect quality.

So here's what I think happens, Behemoth wants very badly to ship on time so that's why he tells the customer 4-6 weeks. He's frustrated because he can't deliver on time but can't bring himself to tell the customer. I feel sorry for him as I once went through this myself. Difference is I reluntantly called customers to tell them the situation and cut back to only service what I could handle. It sucks, having a great product, great ideas, yet not enough time to complete the orders. If someone knows of a machinist looking for work and willing to move, contact Jacob and see what they can work out.

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
whats the option for a nv3550/d20?? you got anything that will bolt up to the nv3550 and replace the intermediate housing, then bolt right up to the d20?

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
back to the top....i even emailed today. can i get some info please, thanks

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
SykanrOng,
I got the ZF S547 trans and a Dana 20.
The Behemoth bolts right up. The ZF has an industry standard flange, so it is easy. The dana20 can be clocked easily with this setup.
The machine work looks awesome. The gearset donor was supposed to be the 1356 if I recall. But due to shortages, Jacob said he upgraded mine to a larger bearing unit. I don't remember which.
Go back through and read my posts in the neginning of this thread.
I waited a long time. But I think it was worth it for what I got.

Think about it. Just an adapter and no extra gears os anout 400bucks to do a zf to dana 20.

Go to post 56 in this thread. That one is mine with the Joker engraved on the side. Hard to see if you don't zoom in.

Last edited:

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Here's a couple pics of mine installed. I've been beating on it for a year now... Just got back from 325 miles in Moab, UT with it and it and the Bronco was awesome!

1382d0ab19c6d1d495e03c5f06619bc4.jpg

aa0d8422375c1541c63595722c2d2cd6.jpg

059e15b0e45fdc01865572123c39c6d4.jpg

1f12e9957171c3913904dba0cc104f27.jpg

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
91 Blaze,
That is a shot in the dark.
Tell us why.
I had to wait an extended period of time but I feel I got my money's worth.
The product seems solid and simple.