• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
Found a KbarS stainless steel mirror to match my driver side.. should have bought two way back then.. made by Grote. They still make this style but only in black..

Scott_T

Loc.
Boise, ID
Finally finished up my spare tire carrier. I wanted something that mounted on the stock bumper without needing to weld or drill the bumper itself. The pivot point mounts on a bracket the nests in the back of the bumper and bolts to the frame using existing holes. I am not sure it was needed, but I added a short swingarm section for the actual tire mount that has a rubber damper to reduce the shock load from the mass of the tire. Still a rattle can paint job as I put some miles on to check for any weak points.

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 70
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 63
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 64
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 66
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 55

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Walked by it, paused, contemplated changing the blown steering box seal....kept walking to go work on another project. The other project was EB related too, so I am not so bad am I?

LOL, You alright brother...

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
Installing Duff Long arms ...Holly S laying on your back while drilling sucks. I have the passengers side frame bracket drill and mount. Going to work on that today and hopefully get to mounting the arms and try to level them out.

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
Finally finished up my spare tire carrier. I wanted something that mounted on the stock bumper without needing to weld or drill the bumper itself. The pivot point mounts on a bracket the nests in the back of the bumper and bolts to the frame using existing holes. I am not sure it was needed, but I added a short swingarm section for the actual tire mount that has a rubber damper to reduce the shock load from the mass of the tire. Still a rattle can paint job as I put some miles on to check for any weak points.

Well that’s dam slick good job

Lawndart

Loc.
Trout fishing last week.
41211833855_0bf26b57cb_c.jpg

Top off last night.
42130990402_33f4156b63_c.jpg

BonezTheGoon

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
VERY NEARLY (thank god) I almost dropped a 200+ lbs. cooler onto/into the driver-side door and fender. It was horrifying to watch unfold as all I could do was beg for something to happen.

I was removing the old cooler from my home and due to an unseen fitting that caught on the ladder about half-way down it "jumped" straight toward my 1972 Bronco!!! Thank goodness the M101A2 siding deflected it back into the trailer as was intended all along. :eek:

I had quite the adrenaline rush after!!!! Too close for comfort!!!

66broncofan

Contributor
I would not weld the seams

Hey JefeAZ, I would advise not welding the body seams. These rigs are meant to flex. Not to mention the PITA it would be to replace a body panel in the unforeseen event of an accident. Here is a Bronco that I had the displeasure of working on back in 2010. It's a pig with lipstick.
https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/d/1968-ford-bronco/6570331745.html

Have I mentioned how much I enjoy sanding? Im never sanding a vehicle again haha. There were 4 paint jobs on my Bronco and 3 layers of primer. The last picture shows the yellow it was. Beneath that was primer and a lighter yellow. Then a dark primer, a light primer, then red(halfcab photo) and then the stock green. No primer under that from what I could tell. So close to being done though!

Took the doors off as well. Need to remove the handles, hinges and key slot which Ive not done before

Found my painter but I need a body guy to smooth a few issues out. I also need to figure out what to do with the rocker and bed cap seams. Leaning towards welding them up for a smooth look so I don't have to worry about it cracking down the road

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco

Nice job!!

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
Replaced rear wheel cylinders, replaced rear rubber line for an extended line, and realized all the hard lines have been piece milled. The front rubber line is mounted to the front of the engine mount. I ordered replacement parts to put everything back to its stock location.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
VERY NEARLY (thank god) I almost dropped a 200+ lbs. cooler onto/into the driver-side door and fender. It was horrifying to watch unfold as all I could do was beg for something to happen.

I was removing the old cooler from my home and due to an unseen fitting that caught on the ladder about half-way down it "jumped" straight toward my 1972 Bronco!!! Thank goodness the M101A2 siding deflected it back into the trailer as was intended all along. :eek:

I had quite the adrenaline rush after!!!! Too close for comfort!!!

LOL, always something ain't it

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Not a fun job, that's for damn sure

Have I mentioned how much I enjoy sanding? Im never sanding a vehicle again haha. There were 4 paint jobs on my Bronco and 3 layers of primer. The last picture shows the yellow it was.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Air.
Conditioning.
Because I live in FL and have small kids.
Nothing to do with my own comfort.

Attachments

• EC39512C-9EB5-46B5-BCBE-D0BEAA7A86F8.jpg
    EC39512C-9EB5-46B5-BCBE-D0BEAA7A86F8.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 69

RPM289

Got the blue paint out and did some touch up to get rid of orange valve covers!
5d33b6dedcbbece530506ba8d24a9afa.jpg
e337d45b312e8fe1a01bb09508a9b1b5.jpg

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Bronco Design hard bikini top

Picked up my BD bikini top at SC in April. They are a quality built piece. I knew there would be some fitting needed when I ordered it because of the shape of my rollbar. I got it rough fitted and need to do some final finishing but am overall happy with it. Got the original wiper assembly in and the wiper trim cover fitted. Ken

Attachments

• bd roof6.jpg
    bd roof6.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 52
  • bd roof5.jpg
    bd roof5.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 62
  • bd roof4.jpg
    bd roof4.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 52
  • bd roof3.jpg
    bd roof3.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 50
  • bd roof2.jpg
    bd roof2.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 53
  • bd roof1.jpg
    bd roof1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 59
  • bd roof7.jpg
    bd roof7.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 52

Idahorocks

Loc.
Spring, Texas
I spent 2 hours trying to figure out why my Bronco could even run if my TDC was 90 off from the indexed timing marks on my flywheel before I realized the #1 cylinder is front right, not front left. My previous car had an early Hemi so that is my weak excuse. And it was hot in the garage.

TTownEP

Rebuilt the carb and painted the valve covers. They look too good by comparison. I need to pour some oil on them or something.
3fdf0789721bff900321d64197a125bb.jpg
358fa97a5a188ce6d18ab2d98ffbf125.jpg