• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

IS 302 HO From Lincoln M IV good donor???

fastback

Loc.
Asheboro, NC
Saw an add in the local paper Selling a 302 HO Complete. From an Lincoln Marc IV. Is this a good Donor? Is it a direct drop in?? What else would I consider having to do if it is?

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
That model didnt come with an HO 302 to my knowledge. Its most likely came with a 460. The Mk VII came equipped with a 5.0 HO thats basically the same as any 86-93 Mustang.

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
That's probably out of a mark vi or vii (if it's an h.o. mk vii). Mark ivs came with 460s. Is it still in the car - can you hear/see it running? Why are they parting it out - rust, wreck, mechanical issues? Are they including the fuel injection system - engine harness, ecu...? As far as the fit - no problem although I'm not sure about the belt and pulleys - you could end up with clearance issues or working around the ac bits (not a big deal). The block itself will bolt in. the harmonic balancer and flex plate will be a different weight than the EB 50 oz vs. eb 28 oz. Mix n match will shorten the engine life. Other than minor stuff - it's a perfectly decent 5.0 - rated at about 225 hp. Condition is key. Even in great shape, IMO I wouldn't pay much. Our local pick n pull is loaded with lincolns. Can pick up any 5.0 for $79.

OP
OP
fastback

fastback

Loc.
Asheboro, NC
Here is excatly what the add said, I have not called yet to get the details. I wanted to see if it was worth the effort 1st. I also may be assuming that the engine came from the same car in the add.

302 HO Ford Engine complete. 1987 Lincoln Marc IV with rear side damage. $500.00 call xxx-xxxx

byson1

Loc.
Nashville
Here is excatly what the add said, I have not called yet to get the details. I wanted to see if it was worth the effort 1st. I also may be assuming that the engine came from the same car in the add.

302 HO Ford Engine complete. 1987 Lincoln Marc IV with rear side damage. $500.00 call xxx-xxxx

The only Lincoln Mark ?? in 1987 was a Mark VII. Nothing at all wrong with the motor design. It's just a speed density HO EFI if it's OE.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Depending on the miles and the history of the car; that would be acceptable, especially if they give you liberty to take whatever you want (harness, inertia swtich, computer, etc.) as well as the 'complete' motor. I would go take a look at it.

OP
OP
fastback

fastback

Loc.
Asheboro, NC
Turns out this is a mark vii and the guy that has it bought it for the motor to put it in his '74 bronco. He is selling the whole car for $500.00. He did not know the mileage but seemed to indicate the motor was not original. Is this a good deal, are there any other parts on it that would have bronco value. His plan was to go thru the motor before he put it in. I may go back this weekend and see if it will run.