• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

wiper motor wiring

jcb9089

I'm running a new painless harness and need to route the wires through the windshield frame.

What's the best way to route the wires when the old harness is gone? In other words, what tricks do you guys use to get the wires installed?

70_Steve

Old Guy
Helped motoman route the wiper motor harness up through the windshield frame. He had the windshield layed down which was a help. I used a coat hanger to fish through the frame from the top down, taped the harness to it, and pulled.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
we either use some welding wire to fish it through or use the string and air technique. once it through attach it to the string or wire and pull slowly.

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
I used some rigid plastic tubing like for water line. I ran it about an inch out the top hole in the windshield. Ran my wires through and just left it in place to prevent chaffing. I think any way you can get it through there pretty much works.