• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD Trade 1979 VW Bus Westfalia for Early Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

tymbo

Loc.
Louisville, KY
1979 VW Bus Westfalia for trade. I am looking for an Early Bronco ( 1966 - 1977 ).

-Running and Driving with newer correct tires (Not car tires)
-Removed and cleaned all interior pieces and replaced all insulation in the camper and added more insulation.
-Replace the floor insulation and wood and replaced with new materials and better insulation that is water impermeable.
-New Canvas Top
-Top has been painted with White UV protected Boat paint
-All original interior Fabric for both beds, curtains and the matching front window privacy curtian.
-Shore Power can be used
-New Exhaust
-All engine tins were stripped and primed and painted
-6 Rib trans with New or reworked axles and CV joints
-Brakes work great.
-New Drums and rebuilt rear brakes all new rubber brake lines and a few new metal ones as well.
-Fuel Gauge works
-Stove, refrigerator, and water tank is all there.
-Z bed Works great
-Top bed folder needs a couple hinge screws, but I have the original fabric for foam.
-Tagged and titled in my name
-Does have the typical rust on the doglegs up front and some rust above the rear wheel wells. This bus looked to have some kind of undercoating on it originally that saved it from rust underneath.
-Rear Bumper is not installed, but I do have it.
-All windows function well and the Jalousie windows (side vent) windows seal great and I have the screen frames installed with new screens in them.

7916089.jpg

7916092.jpg

7916095.jpg

7916096.jpg

7916097.jpg

I am looking to trade for a Early Bronco - Would consider most conditions of Broncos. Looking to for 66- 77 models only. Shoot me a message with any offers or questions. Don't hesitate to make me an offer or trade. I also have this posted on a VW forum as well, that is the reasoning for thesamba.com in the pictures.

I have been lurking for a while and finally joined the forum. I need to get rid of this Bronco fever and only have 1 spot in the garage haha.

Thanks - Tim

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tymbo

Loc.
Louisville, KY
Thanks, I am excited for a new project. I used to have a Jeep and miss taking the top and doors off. I have been looking and it seems like you can barely fit 2 car seats in the back with some modifications? Anyone had any luck with this? I want to be able to take my 2 girls out in it and get outdoors with them.

66broncoCT

Contributor
Loc.
Torrington, CT
This is cool good luck trading for a EB. I'd like to get something similar for taking off on long weekend adventures but I'm not willing to give up the bronco for it sorry haha. As far as car seats I fit 2 forward facing car seats for my 2 and 4 year old on the stock rear bench seat no problem. And if you go to a fold and tumble seat from one of the bronco vendors they are a little wider usually since they don't have the arm rests and framework on the side of the seat.

OP
OP
T

tymbo

Loc.
Louisville, KY
Thanks 66broncoCT. I was going to use to camp with, but now I am looking for lake properties, so camping will be at the lake with a little more permanent solution haha. I will entertain all offers if anyone has one. If anyone has a Bronco project that is priced less, I am interested as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.