• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'78-'79 Broncos -what do you think?

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
If your interested in it I'll go check it out for you. Just let me know. I've always wanted to crawl around that one anyways.

I appreciate the offer, but I'm not really "looking" for one. This one happened to be parked outside of Home Depot with a for sale sign in it and I just had to call the guy. It's probably a good thing that he wanted so much for it. My wife would have killed me!

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I love them and was building one before we moved to FL. Sold it all off before we moved. My plan still is to some day build one with an EFI 460 and a ZF 5 speed trans. I have even kicked the idea around of installing an EFI 300 6cyl. Some day when I have money.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When it comes to a comfy cross-country cruiser, soccer-mom utility vehicle and general 'stuff' hauler, that can tke Tellico or Moab at the same time..nothing ever came close.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
I'm converting my 78 to be a modern all power comfy tow rig. I've owned it since 85. It has just over 220,000 on the stock 351m. The M block is now in pieces in the shop and will soon sport all new goodies to make it pull a bit better. The driveline is all new and I just added 4" of silky deaver lift. Hope to have it ready for super cel and the MEB spring ride in June.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
the plans for the wifes is a built 9 mostly stock front deaver rear springs coil over front 7.3 PS and C6 here is how it sits now I got it for 3,000 here in Hawaii.

bronco031.jpg

the body is strait as the day is long and every thing works to include the rear window.

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
Here's one of mine next to my cousins. I started out with big broncos, always enjoyed them. Tough frames, tough drivetrain. I kind of feel bad after reading this post because I've been meaning to put mine up for sale lately, just havn't gotten to it(or don't really want to sell), but running out of room at the moment. I spend more time on the EB nowadays.

Attachments

• 5-5-2006-24.jpg
    5-5-2006-24.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 52

hammer

Bronco Guru
Only ones I've never owned. I've had a '69, '73, '75, '85, and a '92. I will have one one day as a bush beater. As a daily driver I like my pickup to much.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I feel way more confident in the EB offroad but on the tarmac I feel like I'm in a tank when driving the 78.

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
I had a DD '79 for 10 years...I liked it alot,put over 100k on it,it was a good size,big enough to put allot of stuff in. But still short enough to take offroad.Mine had 4 inches ,35's a winch and a built 351m c6 205 combo.. 4.11s trac loc front detroit rear.I'd like to have another one but that would take funds from my 66 money pit .. maybe one day;D

Oatmeal

Years ago, Offroad magazine built a really cool camo, EFI 460 powered '78 called Project Deep Woods. I remember seeing it at the SCORE show one year. It met it's demise when a motorhome pulled a u-turn in front of it!.........Man, that was a nice truck!---------Hans

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Years ago, Offroad magazine built a really cool camo, EFI 460 powered '78 called Project Deep Woods. I remember seeing it at the SCORE show one year. It met it's demise when a motorhome pulled a u-turn in front of it!.........Man, that was a nice truck!---------Hans

I've had at least 4 of the 78's, sold a restored one with a 460 2 years ago, bought my son one and it is still sitting at my house with a tranny issue, makes a great yard ornament. I've put a new 351 in this Bronco has less than 1500 miles on it but right now it is relagated to being a conversation piece instead of a mud truck like it was meant to be.

Attachments

• 78 bronco 001.jpg
    78 bronco 001.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 78 bronco 004.jpg
    78 bronco 004.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 33