• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

whats the best elecrric fan

MonsterBIlly

I have the factory replacement radiator but un aluminium. So the mounting points are the same and the shroud screw holes are un the same spot as the factory original. I want to unstall an electruc fan with shroud am looking for suggestions.
If any of you have decents pics please post as wrll.
Thanks
B

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
unless you have an Explorer serp, there's not an electric fan that will fit btw the rad and wtr pump and do the job in all types of wheeling situations...

Last edited:

STalon89

Without doing an explorer serpentine setup to give you more space, its a bit of a crap shoot to find something that fits and cools efficiently. In my experience at least.

450rbronco

I have the derale 2 speed from WH and it just clears the bolts on the fan pulley. It's a stock motor and I use it on the trails and have never had an over heat issue and only turn it to hi if I'm using it fairly hard. Now if you were screaming it in the mud that might be different. I've had it on the stock radiator for about 7 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
unless you have an Explorer serp, there's not an electric fan that will fit btw the rad and wtr pump and do the job in all types of wheeling situations...
the reason I moved my radiator support out, using a Taurus fan it does cool good but draws a lot of amps

AxlesUp

Loc.
Collierville TN
I have the derale 2 speed from WH and it just clears the bolts on the fan pulley. It's a stock motor and I use it on the trails and have never had an over heat issue and only turn it to hi if I'm using it fairly hard. Now if you were screaming it in the mud that might be different. I've had it on the stock radiator for about 7 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

make that two votes for derale! i have used them on a bunch of projects from my friends 39 jaguar to my EB.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
There are a lot of (aftermarket) fans that fit. But they don't move the air needed to stay cool. From your location (Arizona) you will need to move a LOT of air to stay cool. In order to move a LOT of air you need a couple of things. A fan with enough depth that the blades can hook a lot of air. This makes it difficult to package with the stock accessory drive. The other thing is it will take a lot of amps to run a fan that can move that air. Now you are looking at an electrical system upgrade.

The 5.0 Explorer accessory drive with the clutched fan works so well it is pretty much the go to answer for Broncos today. I was just at a couple of pick a part yards in Phoenix yesterday and saw several that were ready for harvesting. The only glitch, the crank damper is a different balance than the early engine. Stop by Randy at Driven off 35th ave and they have a conversion pulley to use your old 3-bolt damper and make it all bolt on.

OP
OP
MonsterBIlly

MonsterBIlly

I will look i to the explorer serp.
I already have the electruc upgraded. I am running a 160 amp single wire alt.

I will also check on the derale. I have a 347 in my 66 mustang that stays cold even wiyh the ac on sitting g in traffic in the summer.