• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Original

ryanf73

Im new to posting on this site but have been reading on it since 2014.
I have a 1968 that I am in the process of a frame off restore... 5.0 efi 4speed conversion im down to body work and its going really slow as I am doing all the work myself.

I came across and bought a 1967 uncut baby blue and white mostly stock bronco. The only rust is just some surface rust on the floor pans on the inside under the carpet. It also is very straight except on the driver side behind the rear tire the quarter panel its roled up underneath.
I think it has only been repainted which was the original color once. Inthe 80's?
My question is what should I do or not do the keep the value as high as possible without loosing the original factor?

1. Should I fix the quarter panel damage or leave it?
2. Should I sand the floor panels and apply something to keep it from rusting more?

Im nervous to change anything. .. any thoughts?

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
If it has already been painted once, I would not worry about what you do to correct the wrong.
The original factor is already gone.
Now I would say if you want to keep the vintage factor do as little as possible. You don’t want to start another frame off!
As far as the floors, I would just sand /wire wheel them and get them with a rust product like rust bullet ect. And smother the rust and slow it down. Can you pull the dent/rolled fender? Maybe have it done and painted, color matched?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

ryanf73

Ok thanks for the quick response. Thats kinda what I thought. The paint job is really good and u really have to look for something In Order to tell it was repainted. I can probably get the quarter panel pulled out but it will need color matched. The floors are a easy fix I just wasn't sure in the bronco world if it would take away from something. ..

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
And welcome aboard! We love pics so post some up. Sounds like a nice truck. :)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Welcome aboard Ryan... Fix that damage, stop that rust from spreading, You'll be alright.. :)

And post them Pics

OP
OP
R

ryanf73

Here is a picture of the new bronco. .

2vj8qj7.jpg

chuckyb

Contributor
Wow, looks really nice! My vote is do the minimum body repair and rust preventative.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Put some stock steel wheels and hub caps on it and call it good.

Color me jealous Bud

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
X2^^^^^

Especially the jealousy part.

Neat truck, maybe a body guy could roll that down and only paint from the character line down in his blend. Or hell, paint ranger stripes on it if you can’t get the blend right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patterdale

Bronco Guru
Nice rig. Repairing and maintaining should not effect originality or value. Welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
R

ryanf73

Thanks for all the replys. I am excited to clean it up and drive it. I originally bought it to just flip (or thats what I told my wife) haha. But the more I am around it the more I just want to drive it and keep it. I keep going back a forth. I have a feeling if I sell it I will regret it because where would I find another in this good of shape...I will probably just clean up a few things buff it, fix the surface rust issue and just drive it this summer...

Anyone have a good deal on some hub caps? Im not sure I can choke down the price of new ones.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep, treat the floors and fix that QP damage. Nice Bronco! I do have some hubcaps I'll never use, not sure what to ask for them though.