• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock Bronco Rim Size?

Dr. Bronc

I am curious to know what size the stock early bronco rim is? And how big of a tire can be put on the stock rim? Is it possible that the stock rim is 7inchs wide? Would it be possible to put 31" tires x 10.5 on this rim or bigger??
I'm not planning on lifting the bronco, so I'd like to know if a 31 tire would fit? The fenders are already cut.
cheers!

stock74

Stock wheels are 15x7" and yes 31x10.5" tires will fit just fine. I have the same rim size and tire size on my bronco and they actually clear just fine without the fenders being cut, but since yours are already cut that just gives you more room for bigger tires and wheels. I would not recommend any tires wider then 10.5" on the stock 7" wide wheels, as it is 10.5" tires on 7" wheels make the tires bulge quiet a bit. But there are some tire companies that make tall narrow tires, you will have to look around. I know BFGoodrich used to make tall narrow tires but I am not sure if they still do. Typically, the tall narrow tires larger then 31" are narrower then 10.5" and that may or may not be a concern for you. Wider tires will probably be more stable and give you some extra traction. If you go to a wider wheel such as 8" wide then you will open up your tire options quiet a bit since 12.5" tire widths are a lot more common. Good luck!

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
I am curious to know what size the stock early bronco rim is? And how big of a tire can be put on the stock rim? Is it possible that the stock rim is 7inchs wide? Would it be possible to put 31" tires x 10.5 on this rim or bigger??
I'm not planning on lifting the bronco, so I'd like to know if a 31 tire would fit? The fenders are already cut.
cheers!

:p :p :p The stock ford wheel is a 15" and is 5.5" wide. I would not suggest running a 31" tire on it. You should be able to find some 7 or 8" wide wheels good luck.:D :D :D Bill %) :cool: ;D

OP
OP
Dr. Bronc

Dr. Bronc

Thanks for the reply. I will try to measure the width of the rim soon to make sure. I am hoping it is 7" and not 5.5". If I decide to buy 8" rims, what is the bolt pattern for the early bronco's? Any cheap rims that would fit?
I tried a 90's F-150 rim, and the bolt pattern was off quite a bit. Did the bolt pattern on the early broncos change in the 11 year run?
Thanks everyone!

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
5 on 5 1/2 is what your looking for. Same thru out all of the EB's in fact most all ford trucks till about 94? I think. Just make sure you check the backspacing.

stock74

Sorry, I was thinking of the wheels I currently have on my bronco when I told you the stock wheel size. They are actually smaller then 7". In that case I would not recommend a 10.5" wide tire on the stock wheels. As someone else said most older Ford truck wheels should fit as long as the backspacing is okay. There are also quiet a few after market wheels that you can purchase relatively cheap or see if anyone is selling some used after market wheels. Anyway, good luck finding a set of wheels!

OP
OP
Dr. Bronc

Dr. Bronc

If I happen to find a F-150 rim before 1994. Will I be able to put a 12.5 or 10.5 wide tire on it? I'm sure the F-150 rim will be wider than the old stock bronco rim?

bucslyr308

what is the backspacing on a 77 ford bronco wheel trying to get a match for rims, getting a deal on a 255/75 r 17 BFG.
my bronco will have a 3.5 inch lift and is uncut

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Dodge ram 1500 have 17"x7" steels that fit. Just need to open the centers slightly.

markperry

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the reply. I will try to measure the width of the rim soon to make sure. I am hoping it is 7" and not 5.5". If I decide to buy 8" rims, what is the bolt pattern for the early bronco's? Any cheap rims that would fit?
I tried a 90's F-150 rim, and the bolt pattern was off quite a bit. Did the bolt pattern on the early broncos change in the 11 year run?
Thanks everyone!

5 on 5 and a half is the bolt pattern.

5lugboltpatterns.jpg

5 Lug Bolt Patterns
A B C
5 Bolt 4.50" B.C. 2.645" 4.280"
5 Bolt 4.75" B.C. 2.792" 4.518"
5 Bolt 5.00" B.C. 2.939" 4.755"
5 Bolt 5.50" B.C. 3.233" 5.231"

Last edited: