• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

460 BBF vacuum or hydroboost

Cpenfold

Loc.
Denair, CA
>>moved question to the chat forum...guess it was probably supposed to go here.

Hey guys, I recently purchased a 75 bronco. The PO put in a carb'd 460, c6 tranny, np205, 9" rear and hp 44 front on an f-150 frame. Currently, my bronco has power steering but no power brakes. I'm wondering your guys' thoughts on vacuum vs hydro. I have disk front and drum rear. My mechanic stated a vacuum system would be fine and would be less modification (I assume less cost). It seems like the guys on this forum like the hydro however. Please let me know your thoughts. Also wondering if my big block factors into your opinion and why. I'm planning on running 35" tires.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Hard to say. each 460 swap is completely unique. that is I have never seen two that were done the same. So no idea what clearance issues you really have or don't have.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I always prefer hydroboost in anything but a light and mostly stock rig. It's so much more powerfull and effective.

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Post a picture for the current master cylinder on the firewall. If you have room for a master cylinder, you almost have room for a astro hydroboost.

OP
OP
C

Cpenfold

Loc.
Denair, CA
Post a picture for the current master cylinder on the firewall. If you have room for a master cylinder, you almost have room for a astro hydroboost.

Will do on. Monday, it's in the shop right now and I'm out til next week.

What are your guys' thoughts on the cost difference on the two types of boosters?