• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco build at Gas Monkey Garage!!

Stingray240cs

Loc.
Corinth, Texas
Hey Everyone! I was going through craigslist looking for a hardtop for my bronco and low and behold the guys at Gas Monkey Garage had one for sale. There picture showed their sign in the background that's why I knew. Anyway, we worked out a deal on the top and I went to pick it up on Saturday. When I got there, the film crew was filming the guys finish up some welding on the exhaust system of an almost done 1966 Bronco!! They did an amazing job! They cranked it up and wow, what a beast! The paint is green with tan. It has a custom roll cage with no top. It was on the lift, but I could see that the inside flooring was rhino lined. That had a problem though. The heater core busted when they were "testing" the exhaust and it left a puddle of fluid in the passenger floor board. They wouldn't let me take any pictures. They were nice guys though. We talked about the build and my bronco for about an hour or better. This is the only pic I got. Oh, the producer told me the bronco episode is going to be next season around episode 4 or 5.

IMAG0157.jpg

Last edited:

icyBronco

my favorite show, and my favorite car. I definitely will be watching w/ my peice in my hand that night.

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Awesome!! I like the work they do. Seem like a good crowd, but pain in the asses as well ;D. Cant wait to see the episode!!

OP
OP
S

Stingray240cs

Loc.
Corinth, Texas
It's a '76. ;D

Okay, spill the beans. How did you know and what else do you know? I'm pretty sure your right. They said they bought it in Colorado. They also said it was in really, really bad shape. I think it has new body panels all the way around. It's already sold. I'm not sure how much, but I think in the 40k range. Have you seen it also?

OP
OP
S

Stingray240cs

Loc.
Corinth, Texas
When I saw it, it said "price dropped" $600, or something like that. I sent an email offering 250 and he said 300 cash. When I got there, somehow I only had 295, but they were fine with that. They are about to get a new shop across the highway I think. There were quite a few fans taking pictures.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I'm out of pocket here...what network???Cool story though!

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
I'm out of pocket here...what network???Cool story though!

The show is actually called "Fast and Loud" . The show is about a garage in Dallas called Gas Monkey Garage. I got it set to record on dvr....not sure of the channel. Maybe discovery?

bk005

Loc.
San Antonio
They are currently in a biker build duel to the death against Jesse James, and the OCC goons. Blahhh, I miss Indian Larry. Is this show on before or after the Amish Mafia documentary? Ohhh Discovery what happened to you :(