• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3m PPS

Tomdee

Loc.
Staten Island
I paint occasionally, would the 3M PPS be cost effective to invest on?
I like the abllity of paint upside down- under edges of panels,etc.
TIA!
Tom D.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
YA IT ROCKS! Plain and simple! I use the devilbiss DeKups system because its cheeper but same thing. I got a bunch of the devilbiss stuff, 9 and 24oz, a full box of each (32 liners in a box). Enough to last me probably a lifetime. I love it. Clean up is much easyer and you dont use any cleaner fluid except a squirt in the gun. Unscrew the cup, pull the liner and toss. Fill the adapter with cleaner and shoot out. Done!

I mix the paint right in the liner with the plastic meter guage, cap it off, and shake. I dont even strain it. No need for strainers, or sticks, or mixing cups.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/spraygundepot/dekups.aspx

Dont even think about it just buy it now and enjoy! I never painted before last fall, but i bought a devilbiss gun, all the DeKupps stuff, and a bunch of other crap. Painting was so much fun i wish i had more to paint!!

Check out my first paint job ever!! And check out how i painted on my back!;) That stuff i was painting would have been impossible with out the cup system.

Attachments

• IMG_1621.jpg
    IMG_1621.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1634.jpg
    IMG_1634.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1635.jpg
    IMG_1635.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1648.jpg
    IMG_1648.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1653.jpg
    IMG_1653.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Dbteak

I use the decups system. Like everyone says there is no mess at all and very little clean up. Also most paints have a long pot life and you can take it off and cap it for later. I get all my supplies from smartshoppersinc.com They have good prices and quick shipping although you have to call in your order. They are still old fashion.

Doug