• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

common Gas tank problems ? 76 bronco

Crazz

Loc.
Lexington, KY
well i got the old bronco running good finally after head gaskets and timing chain/gears. but now it isn't wanting to run on the rear tank. starts coughing and sputtering out. which to the front tank and give it a sec and it does pretty good. so my question is whats the common gas tank problems on a 1976 bronco 302

Thanks
Rich

Bartonatl

Loc.
Atlanta
The pick up line could be clogged. The valve could be clogged. When was the last time it ran well on the rear tank?

OP
OP
C

Crazz

Loc.
Lexington, KY
well it ran good on it earlier this week. drove it around for a couple hours. but it has done this before. guess i need to drain it and pull the sending unit out. dont really want to drop the tank tho LOL all the rust

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sending unit should come out without droping the tank I think. Have you crawled under it to see where it's at. There not on top of the tank like other vehicles.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Take the line loose at the valve and remove gas cap and blow back through the line and see if it's clear or stopping up.