• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Third times a charm v3.0

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
Hey Jaromy sorry to hear it broke down on you. I had the same rats nest when I got my bronco. The final straw was when my arm got burnt on a hot wire but at least the bronco did'nt catch on fire. I Went with a centech wiring harness and it was good to know I was safer on the road. As far as cutting it up for flares think on it for awhile before comitting the deed. I think your bronco looks phenomenal with the clean grey paint and no flares. ;)

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Hey Jaromy sorry to hear it broke down on you. I had the same rats nest when I got my bronco. The final straw was when my arm got burnt on a hot wire but at least the bronco did'nt catch on fire. I Went with a centech wiring harness and it was good to know I was safer on the road. As far as cutting it up for flares think on it for awhile before comitting the deed. I think your bronco looks phenomenal with the clean grey paint and no flares. ;)

As far as breaking down goes, it wasn't bad. My buddy brought me a battery so I could get it to his house. I had to drive without lights for 10 miles while I followed him. That was interesting. I picked up the fuse panel today so I should be able to get started on it this weekend. I would buy a full harness but my friend is a wiring genius and he said it wasn't needed for what we're doing. I'll wait on the full harness for now. Thanks for the tips in the PM. I was able to search a few threads that you suggested.

If I do any cutting it won't be for awhile. I'm going to get it mechanically sound before I worry about the looks. I still need a 5 speed and a few other large projects. I never really liked the uncut look until I found one in good condition.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
3g alternator and Tom's brackets have been installed. Still have some things to do to clean up the wiring under the hood, but for now this will work. Eventually I'll have a box made for the fender to hide and protect everything. I went with a 150amp breaker instead of the mega fuse.

8b19aa8f.jpg

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
New 35x12.5x17 Toyo's are a little too big right now.

af24f56f.jpg

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
nothin a little lift wont fix! ;)

Exactly!!

I have a few things to complete before I start the lift. 4x4x2 power steering, hydro boost, 23 gallon tank for sure and possible a 5 speed. Then it will be time for the lift.

I still need to figure out how I'm going to pass DEQ. I know I need a carb tune, but it was bad when I went in on Saturday. Not sure if I'll ever get it to pass.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Looking good.. sounds like another sweet LUBER is going to get cut to clear those 35's.. ?

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
You might have to move to Newberg if you can't get it to smog. Yamhill county is exempt,I believe. Are we locals going to get to see it pre-cut? See you soon!

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
You should e able to get it to smog, tuned carb, retarded timing to factory specs (will run like crap - but meets smog numbers) and be sure your egr and air pump are there and working. You might find a shop that will charge you for an hour labor to get it to smog then take it through DEQ. They should know the numbers to shoot for. Mine smogged up there without much problem.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
You might have to move to Newberg if you can't get it to smog. Yamhill county is exempt,I believe. Are we locals going to get to see it pre-cut? See you soon!

I have some family that lives in Newberg so I could do that if needed. I would like to exhaust all other options before I register it to one of their houses.

I'm ready to meet up. When and where :)

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
You should e able to get it to smog, tuned carb, retarded timing to factory specs (will run like crap - but meets smog numbers) and be sure your egr and air pump are there and working. You might find a shop that will charge you for an hour labor to get it to smog then take it through DEQ. They should know the numbers to shoot for. Mine smogged up there without much problem.

I don't know much about tuning a carb so I'm taking it to a shop tomorrow. I believe the paper said passing was no more than 300 hydrocarbons and mine had over 3000. Not really sure what that means.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I have some family that lives in Newberg so I could do that if needed. I would like to exhaust all other options before I register it to one of their houses.

I'm ready to meet up. When and where :)

Sent you an email Jaromy. We're meetin' this Saturday at Dan's in Hillsboro and then runnin' up Dixie Mtn. Bring that beauty out to play!

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Sent you an email Jaromy. We're meetin' this Saturday at Dan's in Hillsboro and then runnin' up Dixie Mtn. Bring that beauty out to play!

I'm sure I can meet up on Sarurday, but I'm not sure about a snow run until I can get the bald tires replaced.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I forgot how much of a pain in the butt it is to remove the hardtop. I need to replace some seals and take the dash down for some electrical work. This is what we came up with.

089bc884.jpg

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Took the dash out for some wiring fun. I think now is a good time to clean up my dash.

f57ca265.jpg

Last edited: