• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Two tone Bronco's

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Who has a two tone Bronco Sport with the color split at the chrome trim along the beltline? I'm getting closer to paint on my bronco and I'm not sure what colors to go with. The current/original color is wimbildon white. I will probably stay with white for half of it but I would like to go with another color above or below the trim line. I like the blueish green color that is on page 9 of the Tom's Bronco Parts catalog but I had also thought about a light gray or silver color. I'm leaning towards keeping the top white but I'm not 100% sure. If you have two tone pics or suggestions let it be known.

Thanks

KevinT70

Loc.
Santa Clara, Ca
I like the two-tone look you mentioned and it's something ford applied to pickups during the timeframe our Broncos were produced.

My gallery has pics of what I did--burgandy below/white above.

I think keeping it white above-the-beltline looks best. I can't imagine gray/silver looking that good against the white but pics could prove me wrong.

(BTW--Your solid white IS a nice look, too!)

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
That looks nice! I notice you kept your entire grill white, I was thinking I would follow the same line on the color split around the front. As for the gray or silver, I saw it on an F250 the other day and it looked suprisingly good. I was on the interstate so I was not able to get any photos of it.

To make things more complicated, I was discussing color options with my neighbor out in the garage when my wife came out. She hears the discussion and says " I thought you were gonna paint it blue with a white top. It should be dark blue metallic with a white top". I have no idea where this came from because I don't recall even thinking that I would paint it blue. On the other hand it would look good. My uncle has a 07 Dodge truck that's a pretty cool shade of blue maybe I should consider it.

BlueEyeDevil

Contributor
I do not know who's bronco this is, but it looks nice for the small picture I have of it. Hope it helps, it was at OCBR in '06 according to the file name it is saved as

Attachments

• 2006image077.jpg
    2006image077.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 139

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
That looks nice! I notice you kept your entire grill white, I was thinking I would follow the same line on the color split around the front. As for the gray or silver, I saw it on an F250 the other day and it looked suprisingly good. I was on the interstate so I was not able to get any photos of it.

To make things more complicated, I was discussing color options with my neighbor out in the garage when my wife came out. She hears the discussion and says " I thought you were gonna paint it blue with a white top. It should be dark blue metallic with a white top". I have no idea where this came from because I don't recall even thinking that I would paint it blue. On the other hand it would look good. My uncle has a 07 Dodge truck that's a pretty cool shade of blue maybe I should consider it.

You were just confused on the color, because she had not given you your opinion yet....lol.

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I do not know who's bronco this is, but it looks nice for the small picture I have of it. Hope it helps, it was at OCBR in '06 according to the file name it is saved as

Thats the Bronco I saw in the TOM's BRONCO PARTS CATALOG. Thats cool looking

FerrumCampitor

Loc.
Hutchinson, MN

That bronco belongs to Mary and David Dewitt from west Texas. Its a sweet ride. They're good friends with Patty from Tom's Bronco. If you call her up she might be able to tell you more about it or get you in contact with the Dewitts for paint colors (if they want to share :p)

dan12580

crab had an orange and white one that was one of the nicest ive ever seen. i like the 2 tone also but i think it looks good to do the roof the same as the bottom color along with the 2 tone.

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I thought about calling but I don't want to do an exact copy of somebody elses ride. I'm really starting to think about a dark blue on the bottom. the only concern I have is that the colors I like are all metallic and I have never painted metallic before. I'm also wondering if I go with a metallic or pearl on the blue, should I also go with a metallic in the white on top? I really like the original white so I was thinking I could just have metallic or pearl added to the original color when they mix it. I hit a stall on the body work today when my sander shot crapps. I'll get a new one in the morning and get back at it then. Any suggestions on a good blue? The color I like best so far is on the new Dodge Trucks. If its the color I found in the paint books its a pearl color not a metallic.

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
Im presently building my 66 up. I have already started to paint it Hugger Orange but I think I am going to paint from the beltline down a graphite gray color. Maybe from just above the rocker down, still have not decided.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
I thought about calling but I don't want to do an exact copy of somebody elses ride. I'm really starting to think about a dark blue on the bottom. the only concern I have is that the colors I like are all metallic and I have never painted metallic before. I'm also wondering if I go with a metallic or pearl on the blue, should I also go with a metallic in the white on top? I really like the original white so I was thinking I could just have metallic or pearl added to the original color when they mix it. I hit a stall on the body work today when my sander shot crapps. I'll get a new one in the morning and get back at it then. Any suggestions on a good blue? The color I like best so far is on the new Dodge Trucks. If its the color I found in the paint books its a pearl color not a metallic.

I say NO on the metallic white to go with metallic blue. As an example, my hard top is Wimbledon white with Astra Blue metallic on top. Looks great.

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Here is the Blue I like. Its on a dodge but the color is cool. Its called Electric Blue Pearlcoat. The Patriot Blue is nice but I like the lighter electric Blue color. I think there was a song called "electric blue" in the 80's. I'm thinking of using that below the belt line and the original white above. What do you think?