• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Good 4x4 shop in Fayetteville, NC area

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
I have pretty much finished up the Bronco but want to get it checked out properly and tuned a little better than I currently have it. Just a good double check before it gets on the road. Anyone from the Fayetteville, NC area know of a reputable shop to take it too that knows what it is doing and can handle our rare beasts? Need to get it aligned also but don't want to have to explain all the apftermarket, non-stock steering equipment on it like the PU steering setup and a 70 with a 77 front end, lifted etc.

Thanks
Bill

Pirate EB

Loc.
Cary, NC
There is a place in Raleigh called We Do Trucks, a place in Cary called Cricket 4wd, a place in Wilson called Down East Offroad, and one in Havelock as well as the Jacksonville/Camp Lejune area(Don't know the names, but they're there). There is also one in Boone called High Country 4x4. Those are all I know in NC. I have no experience with any of them, but I talked to a guy at Down East once while I was passing through. They seem nice and know what they are doing. Hope this helps.

73explorer

Loc.
Fayetteville, NC
there is an EB club in Fayetteville, headed up by Brian Horne who is on this forum somewhere. that group would know someone who could help you out, or at least point you to some good shops. there use to be a good 4x4 shop on bragg blvd years ago, its a body shop now.
a place downtown called Wheeler Alignment has been there since the 50's they are 100% old school, dont even have a computer, do it all by grids and blackmajic.
he always has a bunch of classic cars there. not a 4x4 shop, but if the old man is still alive, he knows his stuff.

OP
OP
70EB

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
Thanks for the info. I'll check out wheeler alignment and see what they can do. I remember when I was stationed here a year ago that Zac Jackson put togther a Bronco club in the fayetteville area. Do you know what the meeting schedule is? I would be interested in attending the next one.

Bill