• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How much lift on uncut bronco

M

meanjeanbronco

How much lift are you folks using on your uncut bronco's? I want to keep her a daily driver and would like to use 31's. Will they fit with only a 2 1/2" lift or should I go to a 3 1/2? Dont want to but a lift kit twice. And who makes a good "street" lift kit. I want to drive and restore it.
Thanks

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
i do beleive the bronco came with 30's stock, so a 2.5" lift will do you fine. as for street, stay with single shocks and soft coils. most people will swear by BC Broncos stuff, but all the other vendors make some good stuff. do a search, there was a thread not long ago of nothing but pictures of lifted/uncut broncos. look through it and PM anyone whos looks like you want yours to and ask them directly...

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
For for a 2 1/2" lift you would need to find a skinny 31" tire, probably a metric equivalent of 31x9.5. 31x10.5 rubbed on my uncut w/3.5" lift during mild off-roading.

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
I've built several lifted uncut Bronco's . You can run 31x10:50's on 8" wheels with only minor rubbing , on or off road . To make it "perfect " add a 1" body lift . Wild Horses Pre runner coils & 11 leafs are pretty nice . Check my Bronco's out at : www.bigskybroncos.com

OP
OP
M

meanjeanbronco

SO your saying I can put 31 x 10 with only a 1" body lift? So with a 2 1/2" suspension then 31's should fit fine right?
I dont want to do a body lift right now, replace the mounts yes, but no lift.

cruizer

If you are going to leave it uncut I would go with a 3.5" lift and 33x9.50 tires. I am planning on doing this in the next few weeks.

cruizer

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
A 2 1/2" lift will clear ok if you flatten the inside lip of the rear fender . Add a 1" body lift & all will be well . If your doing body mounts anyway use Wild Horses 1" kit , it's just a thicker body bushing . If you go 3 1/2 " it's gonna cost way more , drop trak bar , drop pitman , drive shaft mods , brake lines ... to do it right .

OP
OP
M

meanjeanbronco

Ok well Im going with the 2 1/2 and the 1" pucks. Now the question is who makes the best street ride 2 1/2 lift kit? Im replacing all the springs ( f & R) Remember cost is always an issue.
Thanks

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Questions?

I recently purchase an uncut 66 with a 3 1/2 suspension lift for a play toy for moderate trails. I was thinking of the 3 inch body lift to give me the most w/o cutting.

Or is trying to stay uncut a waist of time?

With a 3 in. body lift, what size tire can I expect to fit?

What are the con's (beside expense) with a 3 in. lift verses 2 in.?

Thanks! for the help......

*** Meanjean I hope you don't mind me jumping in on your post:)

Last edited:

71sport408

Loc.
Mandan
Super Swamper makes 31x9.50's in the tsl radial line. That is what I'm going to run with a 2 1/2 lift.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I'm running 30" x 9.50" BFG MT on stock steel wheels on my uncut, unlifted 77 EB. Minor rubbing only when it's really twisted.

dsc00026.jpg

More pix here...........................

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Madgyver,

Great Pictures!

But why the ladder?;D

I don't see many ladder on off roading/fishing trips.....

THANKS!