• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ruffstuff 9" Third Members!

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
We build these the way I would build them for myself. All have 1350 Pinion Yokes, Solid Spacer, Big Bearings, Daytona Pinion Support, Timken USA Bearings, and a Strange Nodular Iron case that has all the extra strength built into it.

F9%204%202.jpg

All you need to decide is the type of locker you want (ARB, Detroit, or Spool), your gearing choice, and shaft diameter. The only ARB's we offer are the new designed 9". We do not offer a "True Trac" or "Open" kind of option. These are made only for 31 or 35 spline shafts. We offer the best at a great price.

3RD%20CARRY%202.jpg

You can always stop by and pick them up if you are in the area but we only ship them in a bombproof carrier designed specifically for shipping Ford 9" 3rd's. This is at no extra charge to you and a whole lot easier than an insurance claim ;)

Check out the website for prices and you can order them online or call in your order. I will not be giving quotes here, we are simply way too busy for that...

Also, for the first 30 days we are making these an even better deal! 15% off ;) Use the code NEW3RD...

Ford 9" Complete Third Members - RuffStuff Specialties

lynn w gray

saw your add, I need 9" with Detroit soft, 456, 31 spline. shipped to Louisiana 71360
1974 ford bronco. thanks lynn 318-229-2264. do you offer axles also ?

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
Did you know Ford originated the "3rd member" concept with their early rear axles. The ring $ pinion were in a doughnut shaped carrier, with the actual axle tubes bolted onto both sides. The tubes were the 1st, and second, while the gears were the "Third member".