• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wheel stud knurl!

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
what is the world is wheel stud Knurl???

I need to get some longer studs for the rear axle and am finding some 3" with either a 0.625 or 0.685 knurl, is it the length or diameter of the splined part of the stud?

If any one know what the part number is and where to buy them I would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_5372.jpg
    IMG_5372.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 22

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
3" is almost too long unless they are mandated by a race body. I got the 3" cromoly ones and I would have had to run a really tall lug and would have looked ridiculous or used open end and mine is more of a DD so those would not have looked the part. Went to O'riellys and looked thru there stock and checked the specs. The knurl on the ones I got was high but everything else was kosher. As I was redrilling the rotors for the rear disc, I just redrilled a slight bit bigger so that they would seat flush. .625 is as big as you want though....Mo
t1039_0313121915001.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]