• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ball Joint Spanner Wrench

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
I looked all over the auto stores here in town for this tool..
Ball Joint Spanner Wrench

I also tried to hunt down a Snap-On truck for the snap-on tool with no success.

I couldn't wait for mail order so I made one. I used a 1" holesaw and cut it apart..

Pics will tell..... madgyver it!

Attachments

• DSC05868.jpg
    DSC05868.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC05869.jpg
    DSC05869.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC05870.jpg
    DSC05870.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC05880.jpg
    DSC05880.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 102

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
Mine is made from a 3/4" deep well socket. Sometimes you got to do what you have got do.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Seen It Before Made From A Deep Socket ... But Never From A Hole Saw .... Cool !!!
" Necessity Is The Mother Of All Inventions "

Broncobowsher

Total hack
At first I thought you took off every 4th tooth or something like that. That would work fine for tightening it but how would you loosen it? Then I looked at the pictures... Another homemade tool for the collection.

ponch0v

I went to the "cheap bin" and bought a deep socket for $1. A little artistic time with the grinder and bingo!

I love custom tools. I have a flat blade screw driver that I bent the tip at a 45' angle. Made this when I was a kid and its an old friend.

Also have a few project tools I made in high school metal shop and college automated technologies classes that I still use too.