• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 96 5.0 Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
96 Explorer
5.0 motor
4R70W trans
All wheel drive
Vehicle runs and drives,

Last edited:
OP
OP
tatersalad

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
This is in the vehicle so you can hear it run. Make me an offer.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Part it out and it's worth more. Oil pan is rare, should be cast aluminum. That and the pickup tube are worth $100. Intake is worth 200-300 on ebay. Front dress is worth 150-200. All things you can easily unbolt and ship.

OP
OP
tatersalad

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
Part it out and it's worth more. Oil pan is rare, should be cast aluminum. That and the pickup tube are worth $100. Intake is worth 200-300 on ebay. Front dress is worth 150-200. All things you can easily unbolt and ship.

I don't have a shop at my house yet or I would pull everything off I would want and then send It to a recycle yard. Also if I hadn't just upgraded to a new rebuilt 351w and just rebuilt my C4 I would probably put it in my rig. Just going to pass it on to someone looking for this setup.

66horse

Bronco Guru
Wow. Nice price. Somebody should jump on this. Wish i were closer.

OP
OP
tatersalad

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
Alright time for another price drop.. it's now 400.00
Goin on craigslist next week though.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
TS,

I keep looking at your thread, I don't know why? Maybe it is that little voice that says "for the next build...?"

I am trying to remember all the specifics of your previous post about this rig...

250K on it, Not been registered for a few years as it was used on someone's property, body was straight, but interior is rough. It runs, shifts, and drives. Do you think it would pass a smog?
What does the registration look like, as in how many owners ago is it titled to?

OP
OP
tatersalad

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
TS,

I keep looking at your thread, I don't know why? Maybe it is that little voice that says "for the next build...?"

I am trying to remember all the specifics of your previous post about this rig...

250K on it, Not been registered for a few years as it was used on someone's property, body was straight, but interior is rough. It runs, shifts, and drives. Do you think it would pass a smog?
What does the registration look like, as in how many owners ago is it titled to?

In the paperwork that he gave me was the last smog report and it failed, the smog shop recommended that the 02 sensors needed to be replaced. They parked it.

OP
OP
tatersalad

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
TS,

On the smog report it passed visual an functional but fail emission at idle of 719 co'2 max of 1.00 it had 1.52 and at 2358 rpm max of 1.00 it had 1.20 everything else passed and the tech recommended replacing the air filter and o2 sensors.

OP
OP
tatersalad

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
I have thought about keeping for another project also. I just bought a front dress from sandmann so I don't even need that for my ride.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I have thought about keeping for another project also. I just bought a front dress from sandmann so I don't even need that for my ride.

Having picked up a dead 96 before, that went through one previous owner from the original... So I was given a signed off Pink, from 2 years prior. The Wreaking yard did a lien sale on it to make sure it was clear, so basically they charged me another $100 to hall it away.

Yeah, everyone tells you that you can part it out and make your money back, but you have to store those parts until someone is looking for them...

OP
OP
tatersalad

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
Having picked up a dead 96 before, that went through one previous owner from the original... So I was given a signed off Pink, from 2 years prior. The Wreaking yard did a lien sale on it to make sure it was clear, so basically they charged me another $100 to hall it away.

Yeah, everyone tells you that you can part it out and make your money back, but you have to store those parts until someone is looking for them...

I have 22 acres so storing it isn't a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.