• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LUBR 33x10.5 on stock steel wheels?

marcussly27

Contributor
I'm at the start of a LUBR restoration and I think i figured out what tire/wheel combo I want. I'd like to have a 2.5 inch SL with 1 inch BL and 33x10.5 on the stock 15x5.5 steel wheels. Will there be any fit issues with this setup? Also, would Wilwood brakes have any issues in clearing those wheels? Thanks!

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I personally think the 5.5" wheel is too narrow for a 10.50 tire, but many have done so. Wheel Vintiques makes a 15x7" replica (Summit has them) that I would recommend if you are not going to use a factory Hub Cap.

These wheels and the 33/10.50 would fit perfect on your uncut Bronco with a 3 1/2" lift combo.

My guess is that the Wilwood Brakes may NOT work with a 15" wheel??? Too Big?

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
That combination works for me, but I also moved the axle back 1". You will only need to move the axle back if you plan on wheeling it. You will also need to adjust the knuckle stops out a bit to keep the tires from rubbing the trailing arms at full turn.

I'm not sure about the Wilwood brakes, but the factory caliper or Chevy conversion should work.

Attachments

• IMG_3495.jpg
    IMG_3495.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3515.jpg
    IMG_3515.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_3527.jpg
    IMG_3527.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 80
OP
OP
M

marcussly27

Contributor
I personally think the 5.5" wheel is too narrow for a 10.50 tire, but many have done so. Wheel Vintiques makes a 15x7" replica (Summit has them) that I would recommend if you are not going to use a factory Hub Cap.

These wheels and the 33/10.50 would fit perfect on your uncut Bronco with a 3 1/2" lift combo.

My guess is that the Wilwood Brakes may NOT work with a 15" wheel??? Too Big?

GREAT recommendation on the Wheel Vintiiques, I'll definitely get those. Do I even need a body lift to fit the 33x10.5s?

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Yes you will need a lift IF you have uncut fenders. A combination of 1"-2" bodylift AND 2.5"-3.5" suspension lift. I have the same tires mentioned above but on 6" wide steelies. I have a 2" BL and a 3.5" SL with the rear moved back 1". If you have cut fenders front and rear fenders a 2" BL may get you enough to clear.