• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Upholstery Help

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i want to say 5/8 but i could be mistaken. there are places where smaller would be good, but equally there were spots where the larger ring made it easier to catch the listing wire or u wire frame.

you can borrow mine if you dont feel like buying. let me know

Hank

Hank, really appreciate the offer to borrow. If I was local I might take you up on it. Shipping back and forth would about buy most of one plier, but then I'd have to pass up an opportunity to buy more tools. And we all know you can never have enough tools!;D

I pulled one of the old hog rings off, looks like it's at least 5/8.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
For those following along do the seat bottoms on a low table. Close to hip heigth. That way you get the parts in place and have your body weight to push down. You need real hog ring pliers not the crap supplied in the kits. My personal pair the handles are canted off about 45 degrees. The first seat is a bear but the second seat is 1/3rd the time once you know what your up against.

Good to know, Rusty. Is the 45 degree angle to the side or straight up from the head of the pliers, and did that one pair work for the entire seat?

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
If you hold the pliers straight out by the handles when you get to the pivot of the head it cants off to 45 degrees or so.yes I have done 2 sets of mustang seats, a Vw Bettle seats and my Bronco seats. They get in where a straight set cant get into. Mustang seats are easier than the Bronco seat bottoms with new foam. Allot like these.

http://b-dco.com/hog-ring-pliers-offset/

Always buy extra hogrings. You also nee a heavy duty pair of side cutters.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What makes this forum so awesome - helpful advice from those that have been there, done that, links and pics are truly worth 1000 words. Thanks Rusty, Hank and all who chimed in. Hopefully I'll have some good "after" pics to post up in a few weeks.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
May have already beem mentioned but take plenty of disassembling pictures especially the bottom.