• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Seat Restoration

Ryan_M

Loc.
Franklin
Has anyone had good luck taking seat frames in for media blasting and powder coating/painting? How do you take the latch off the seat frames prior to blasting?

Anything else to keep in consideration?

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Howdy. i sent my frames in for glass blasting. i removed enough to get the covers and foam, U rods etc off but left the footman loop / fold tumble latches in place. they came out great. i rattle can primed and painted and then installed new foam and covers from bronco hut

Hank

OP
OP
R

Ryan_M

Loc.
Franklin
Howdy. i sent my frames in for glass blasting. i removed enough to get the covers and foam, U rods etc off but left the footman loop / fold tumble latches in place. they came out great. i rattle can primed and painted and then installed new foam and covers from bronco hut

Hank

Good stuff. Thank you hank.

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I stripped my factory bench to the springs and frame. made a few repairs and blasted it myself. Then rattle can primer then paint.

Took it to a local shop for the upholstery. Came out nice

Tim

Attachments

• 20160311_192716.jpg
    20160311_192716.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
R

Ryan_M

Loc.
Franklin
I stripped my factory bench to the springs and frame. made a few repairs and blasted it myself. Then rattle can primer then paint.

Took it to a local shop for the upholstery. Came out nice

Tim

Looks amazing Timmy. I have enjoyed following your progress.