Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat > Vendor Forum & Current Mass Buys

Old 08/14/12, 01:41 PM   #1
GeoffatBestop

Bestop - just saying hi

Greetings.

I work for Bestop, in the marketing department.
I just signed up as a Vendor here.

But we don't sell anything directly, I haven't got any specials for you, and I suspect you all know exactly what we offer for EFBs already.

So I'm going to be a cruddy vendor.

On the other hand:

-- $75 to support this fantastic forum is a no-brainer.
-- If you've got questions on our Tops, let me know.
-- I just bought a 1975! So I'll be here a bit, and I hope that Vendor tag by my name gets a bit of attention when I ask stupid newbie questions!
GeoffatBestop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/12, 01:46 PM   #2
needabronco
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Prescott/Farmington

My Gallery
When are you going to offer a white top again?

1971 Mall Crawler- Resto mod. http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...dabronco+frame

1970 Basket case

1966 U14
needabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/12, 02:32 PM   #3
Schenkapotomus

Covington, WA

My Gallery
Garage
or a Skin Only option
Schenkapotomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/12, 02:33 PM   #4
clarrance
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Maryville TN

My Gallery
Garage
When are you going to offer a top without a huge hump in the middle, a way to fold the top down easily, and without the split side windows? Other than that I love my Bestop. Welcome aboard. We need a EB owners support over at Bestop. Glad to have you here.
clarrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/12, 03:10 PM   #5
Crawdad
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Spending hundreds on tools to save $10 in repair costs

Columbia, SC

My Gallery
Would yaw consider custom color choices? I'd be willing to pay a little more if I had color options. I'd be happy to wait for a dark grey top! Thx and welcome to the addiction!

1977 Project uncut tub & frame, 33x10.50x15 KM2s on stock 15x6s, ACC vinyl floor, 6pt Crab Cage, eyebrow grill, 5.0 efi 302, C4 http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=229232
76 Ranger SOLD
CarolinaBroncosMember
Crawdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/12, 07:49 PM   #6
Tedster100
Contributor
Chairman of the Bored

Shit Creek Survivor

Clinton, Ohio
Garage
Ha! Looks like we're looking for more than discounts! Come up with good answers to those questions and I'll be you'd be considered a pretty good vendor.

Welcome to the board, there's not too much you could need to find out that's not here somewhere.

'73 Bronco, 1948 Harley Flathead & 1968 Shovelhead
Tedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/12, 07:52 PM   #7
OklahomaBroncoB

Bixby Oklahoma
Garage
How about a modular hard top for the EBs, i know you guys do soft tops but i think there's a market.
OklahomaBroncoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/12, 09:37 PM   #8
markyyg
Contributor

there are three types of people: leaders, followers, and disrupters

decatur, tx
BestTop Guy

Welcome to the Forum! Please post pics of your 75' and bring on the Questions. Congradulations on your choise of 4x4's
Mark
markyyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/12, 10:04 PM   #9
GeoffatBestop

The general rule for inquiries into things like colors and custom manufacturing is to sort of smile, and say stuff like "take it into consideration."

Since I've only posted twice here, it would most likely be smartest for me to just sort of stick to that.

So here it is: "Bestop always appreciates input from customers, especially those of you who are true enthusiasts. Our Bronco product line is really a part of our ongoing efforts to help you keep fantastic vehicles on the road. We're a small enough company that I can easily get your feedback to the right places, and I will always do that. Keep those comments coming!

See? Vague promises, no real action. Compliment you on your vehicles, to try and turn the conversation back around.

But, you know, kinda crap.

If you want a tiny bit more insight, I can give it to you. This gives you the opportunity to beat up on me a bit. Pick apart my arguments and points. We can have fun!

OK then:

Keep in mind that our head sales guy would put a price tag on his mother's walker and sell that if he could make a profit. There's no strategy/brand loyalty/snobbery going on here. It's just profits.

We dropped a lot of the legacy colors simple due to demand. Or lack thereof.

YOU think it's a huge demand, because you know lots of people in the clubs and forums. But it's small. The entire Bronco market is small, and gets (sadly) smaller each year.

Black is one SKU, and it takes care of 80+ percent of the demand (a bit lower than that for old school stuff, probably, but higher for newer Wranglers - they really prefer black).

Why is it hard to create additional SKUs? Well, we don't sell direct. So we need to make a bunch of anything to "fill the pipeline" - stock the retailers, warehouses, etc.

And, we need to dedicate very precious manufacturing time and space.

It means we really need big, fast moving SKUs.

True, this means we're nowhere near as nimble as other vendors. That's a competitive disadvantage to any large company, not just ours. Colgate can't make premium soap and get it into every store nationwide very quickly or easily. So a local hippie can make it for the farmers market and maybe do well (in this analogy, our competition is the dirty hippie -- just a little joke!)

Custom manufacturing:

I personally would love this. I really push for this.

It would be AWESOME to be able to order a top in your color and fabric. Maybe get a custom embroidered tag.

But right now we're not keeping up with the demand for TJ and JK tops. We released a couple of new generation tops last year, and demand caught us flatfooted. It's one reason I'm hiding out here instead of spending time on WranglerForum.

Suggesting something like complicated custom work right now? Won't get listened to. We need to get a better handle on our core business, which is late model Wrangler tops.

Skin only: We're more open to that now than in the past. We sell the skins for other Jeep tops. I need to get a better answer for why we don't for Broncos.

Cheers!

PS:
Picked up my Bronco today. 1976. Fuel injected 5.0 from a truck. Really well built. 4 speed. No rust. Bad, but serviceable paint job.

Needs sliders and lockers, and I want to go from 33's to 35's.

Let's hope it passes emissions tomorrow (Boulder County, Colorado).
Old 08/15/12, 03:23 AM   #10
sprdv1
Contributor
REBEL

Guess you better call the Whaaaambulance

Lees Summit-Missouri

My Gallery
Good to have you aboard.. Welcome and Thank you!!!

Congrats on the new purchase!! Where's the Pics..?

sprdv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/15/12, 05:49 AM   #11
needabronco
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Prescott/Farmington

My Gallery
Would Besttop consider a 'single' run of white tops, with an extra skin? I'd be willing to bet you could almost 'pre sell' most if not all of them from either this forum or from the Bronco vendors.

1971 Mall Crawler- Resto mod. http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...dabronco+frame

1970 Basket case

1966 U14
needabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/18/12, 08:46 AM   #12
TTTGOWYO
Contributor
Tyler T. - EB Obsessed

72 Explorer Sport - Currently Under Construction at Lick Creek Restorations

Louisville

My Gallery
Garage
Welcome. I love ,my Bestop. Skin only would be GREAT to have.

72' Explorer Sport My 1st car, my last car!
TTTGOWYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/12, 08:20 AM   #13
ManTruck
Contributor
Bronco Guru

72 Bronco

Cañon City, Co
Garage
Welcome aboard, and thanks for the open and straight forward talk on the business plan.

I understand the pains and hope you have the thick skin to keep you around as an owner and a vendor. There's a great group of people on this site with a ton of information and knowledge. Good luck.

Dave

Check Out My Garage.........
ManTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/12, 08:25 AM   #14
Revelation
Ḅ̷̢̛̛̥̼̥̜͕̘̺̤͐͑́̍̾̓̾͘ O̶̕

Got Stainless?

Kissimmee, Florida

My Gallery
Garage
I want a grey top and doors, No help anywhere except custom, but need the best top door FRAMES only, hate to pay for complete doors to just toss the skins aside.

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/20/12, 11:30 AM   #15
GeoffatBestop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
I want a grey top and doors, No help anywhere except custom, but need the best top door FRAMES only, hate to pay for complete doors to just toss the skins aside.
Call 800-845-3567. We might be able to help.

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat > Vendor Forum & Current Mass Buys