Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat > Vendor Forum & Current Mass Buys

Old 08/20/12, 11:43 AM   #16
ahansen_1985
Bronco Guru

amity, oregon
Garage
One thing i wish you guys would make is a set of full soft doors! No inserts needed.... That and a soft top that needed no frame if using a 8point cage

1966,351w,m5od,205....3.5" lift, 2" body, 38.5's

1966,351w,c6- full rev manual valve body, 205, 4& 3 linked
ahansen_1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/12, 01:41 PM   #17
GeoffatBestop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahansen_1985 View Post
One thing i wish you guys would make is a set of full soft doors! No inserts needed.... That and a soft top that needed no frame if using a 8point cage
Our two piece doors only work with the sport door inserts? I honestly did not expect that. Feeling a bit useless and foolish. (Did I mention we're really Jeep-focused around here? I've owned 4 of them over the years!).
GeoffatBestop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/12, 10:31 PM   #18
Rustytruck
Contributor
Bronco Guru

honest the bolder ran under me

El Monte CA
Garage
Now that you have a Bronco there will be no more Jeeps. There just no going back.
Rustytruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/12, 12:25 AM   #19
Madgyver
Bronco Madman

RADIO FLYER ROCKS

Honolulu,Hawaii

My Gallery
i need a supertop skin only... in white. have mine for 8 years now and the seams have aged, it went from white to dirty white, zipper stitching are gone to shreds.

Did I mention I want a re-skin only option for the Bronco Supertop, I'll take it in black if it is an only (color) option, But I'd be really happy if you got white..

Quote:
Originally Posted by br0nc0xrapt0r View Post
your so full of shit your eyes are brown.
Haha.
Madgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/12, 06:20 AM   #20
sprdv1
Contributor
REBEL

Guess you better call the Whaaaambulance

Lees Summit-Missouri

My Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustytruck View Post
Now that you have a Bronco there will be no more Jeeps. There just no going back.
You know that's right.. lol

sprdv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/12, 08:08 PM   #21
Broncmeister

Blood, sweat, tears, and lots of smiles.

Lethbridge, Alberta

My Gallery
Garage
I wish Bestop would have helped a month ago when I inquired about a replacement skin since the mice chewed mine up as it sat waiting for the bronco to get painted. The answer I got then was short and to the point, "Sorry, we do not sell the skins and hardware separate at this time. You will have to purchase the entire kit with installation hardware from one of our vendors". It just seemed like Bestop was not too interested in the Bronco community. I realize it's a small market and all, but come on. Bestop makes them or has them made separately, then combines them into a kit for a final product. Here I have a (IMO) beautiful freshly painted bronco that I spent two years rebuilding, and I am stuck with a soft top full of mouse holes. And I'm sorry, but I refuse to purchase the entire kit just to replace the skin. It infuriates me to see my son showing off his brand new skin on his wrangler with a supertop, and I cannot get one for my bronco.

OK I've vented. I feel better now.

73 Sport, and currently rebuilding a 68
Broncmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/28/12, 02:32 PM   #22
classs

white please!!!!!
classs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/12, 10:03 AM   #23
GeoffatBestop

White/replacement skins/custom stuff:

Not a chance in hell now, and not for foreseeable future.

That's nothing to do with lack of respect for Bronco community -- and everything to do with desperately trying to keep up with vastly increased demand in Wrangler world.

That demand is from three main things:

1. New Jeep sales through the roof (we make all the factory tops as well). July was best month EVER for Jeep. Huge pressure on our manufacturing capacity. We love you guys, but pay more attention to our single biggest customer, to be sure.

2. JKs are getting to the point where people are starting to modify them, and the numbers are huge, compared to Bronco/Scout/Flatfender crowds.

3. Our Trektop NX top for Wranglers is big hit, and we're way behind.

We talk about doing small runs and more custom stuff. But just talk. Hard to even talk about it when we are very far behind.

Bronco's are coolness in sheet metal. Ain't no doubt. But we're a business.
Old 08/29/12, 10:38 AM   #24
orangecrush4u
Bronco Guru

Shelter Island, NY

My Gallery
Would you consider making a soft top for the 78 79 bronco? I want won soo bad and nobody offers them.

72 74 79 93 so far
2008 sorta just a week early
2010 BYOB &Fall Cruise
2011 BYOB &Fall Cruise
2012 BYOB Break down
2012 MEB Gore meet broncoless though
2013 BYOB..Dave & Sean last show

http://top4x4sites.com/cgi-bin/arp/r...cgi?id=oldford[COLOR="Red"[/COLOR]
orangecrush4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/12, 10:49 AM   #25
OklahomaBroncoB

Bixby Oklahoma
Garage
Or how about farming out the work?
OklahomaBroncoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/12, 01:51 PM   #26
Tedster100
Contributor
Chairman of the Bored

Shit Creek Survivor

Clinton, Ohio
Garage
Yea, that's how Levi's got so big! We sell most of our jeans to skinny people with 24" waists so we're not making them for any other sizes!....NOT!!!

THIS IS AMERICA! GOOD GOD MAN, QUIT MAKING EXCUSES AND MAKE SOME PRODUCT!

Seriously, build a plant, add a shift, go where the labor and materials are (as long as it's in the good old USA) do the American thing and meet the challenge and make quality products. Most manufacturers spin off a smaller division to meet the needs of the smaller or custom markets, they charge more but the diversity and ability to meet the need nets them the market share of the sales. I don't mean to be harsh but you're the only vendor on here who has little to sell other than a take it or leave it complete top in one color, what's the point? Henry Ford started out saying "you can have your car any color you want, as long as it's black". That didn't last long, how long would he have been in business once others started offering options and they wouldn't?

I had the same situation as Broncmeister, mice got to my brand new Bestop before I got it on my frame off resto last winter. It was never even out of the box. I would have bought a skin if I could have, now it looks like a Raggedy Ann top with patches.

I'm just sayin'.....

'73 Bronco, 1948 Harley Flathead & 1968 Shovelhead
Tedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/12, 02:10 PM   #27
GeoffatBestop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedster100 View Post
... I don't mean to be harsh but you're the only vendor on here who has little to sell other than a take it or leave it complete top in one color, what's the point? ..
Well, maybe a little harsh.

Also slightly wrong: we have something like 900 SKUs in over 100 main product categories, from bumpers to replacement mirrors. Truck tonneaus and steps. Plus of course, soft tops.

We just do not strongly cater to this particular market.

PLEASE -- I didn't sign up here to try and sell you our few Bronco products. You know they exist, we don't need to keep telling you.

Bestop's motives for joining this site are a bit more mercenary: I just bought a '76, and wanted to join. This benefits everyone, but mostly just me.

I am the guy at Bestop who buys all the online ads and sponsors online sites.
But mostly this is personal.
Old 08/29/12, 02:16 PM   #28
OklahomaBroncoB

Bixby Oklahoma
Garage
I understand frustrations but i know it's not Geoff's fault. He is just taking a bludgeoning on here. We are glad you are here and have joined the brotherhood. We may fight amongst ourselves but what family doesn't.
OklahomaBroncoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/12, 02:35 PM   #29
GeoffatBestop

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklahomaBroncoB View Post
I understand frustrations but i know it's not Geoff's fault. He is just taking a bludgeoning on here. We are glad you are here and have joined the brotherhood. We may fight amongst ourselves but what family doesn't.
Thanks. But I'm absolutely NOT upset about the comments and suggestions.

I get them all the time at all the trade shows and on all the forums.

I just wanted to set expectations for why "Bestop" is here. Because we will be a shitty vendor in the traditional sense, no doubt. We do sell thru a lot of your better vendors, and support them all!

(secret side note: when we're at shows and see some crusty old fart with a twenty-year-old camo truckers hat coming towards us, we all try to hide. It's going to be either "why no white tops for my CJ3B/Bronco/Scout" or it's going to be a long explanation of this cool way they took our regular top and made it really good using a rivet gun and fishing line.)
Old 08/29/12, 02:36 PM   #30
Tedster100
Contributor
Chairman of the Bored

Shit Creek Survivor

Clinton, Ohio
Garage
Ok, maybe a bit harsh. Sorry bout that! I'm really not meaning to beat up on you, more like encourage, I think that's the intent on everyone who's posted to this thread with a wish or want.

I totally understand the whole cookie cutter thing, I'm just the type who hates to say the word CAN'T. I've made my living out of saying "We can do that" and then figuring out how to do it. I'm sorry if I've made you feel less welcome because I feel strongly about this topic. Long and short: I'm thrilled your here, hope to meet you some day and I think it's great that you picked a vehicle with style and function out of a sea of the same old Jeeps. Now let's see some posts with pictures of you ride!

'73 Bronco, 1948 Harley Flathead & 1968 Shovelhead
Tedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat > Vendor Forum & Current Mass Buys