• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New cage don't fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey835

That f'ing sucks, I bought my roll bar from extremecustomfab and I have to weld mine together. I hope it goes together better then the way they put yours together! First your air compressor, now this, what a PIA! good luck on the refund I'm gunning for you man!

From my experience, you will love your cage from extreme custom. I absolutely love mine. You will have to fit, cut, and notch(weld) it but that in my opinion is almost guaranteed proper fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looking at the pallet and the front right foot I'm thinking some of the problem is damage/bent during shipping.

OP
OP
doghows72

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Ok I want to be very clear on the issue. It is NOT the bent legs on the front, that is an easy fix. My major issue is that the top will not go down over the cage when it is in the bronco. The tubes that connect the A and B pillar are too far out and hit the inside of the top not allowing it to sit down on the bronco.
Bottom line is the cage is about 1-1&1/2" too wide. To make this work I need to cut the cage in half and narrow it or cut the cross bars and try to bend the upper part in to clear the top.
I appreciate all the tips on getting the legs correct but the upper part is way beyond what I want to do. I'll get it resolved today I'm sure. Thanks guys.

OP
OP
doghows72

doghows72

Bronco Guru
I just spoke with Gordon over at Ballie Built. He is going to get this issue taken care of.
Looks like there was a miscommunication on my part on the type of half cab that I have. He does build the cage different for the BD glass top and the fact I have a BD top wasn't cumunicated properly.
Regardless this is going to be all good.
Although I pissed Gordon off with my post he's a stand up guy and I owe him a big apology. It was not my intent to bash him or his company. I know he makes great stuff otherwise I would not have ordered a cage in the first place. As most of you have told me here or by PM Gordon and his products are very nice and they are a great asset to our hobby.

BDAZSVT

This shows well for Ballie Built. Nothing better than a supplier that stands behind their work/products!

lil bronco

Yes it's a BD top and the builder knew that when I ordered it. Said no problem it will fit.

As far as my slider I started with an 86 ranger pick up slider. There's a thread in here about that build.

Pardon my ignorance but what are you talking about "slider"?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
In his case, instead of the sliding/opening side windows in a full hard top, he's using the rear window from a Ford Ranger pickup in as the back light in his half-cab.

Paul

OP
OP
doghows72

doghows72

Bronco Guru
The pass leg was bent in shipping. If I bend it back it should put it all flat again. No Fault of Gordon's. At this point it doesn't matter all will be taken care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.