• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front Brakes and steering work done on the Bronco.

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
About a year ago, before I took the Bronco to Pa to have some body/paint work done, I replaced my front disc brake calipers with rebuild ones from Cardone because the passenger side was “frozen’. I installed them and had trouble getting my brakes completely bled, replaced a rubber hose because it was collapsed but still had a spongy brakes.
Another issue I had with the bronco was the shift of the body to frame due to lift and the use of the stock trac bar, it was unappealing to me.

Today, after reading the causes and solutions to my spongy brakes, I decided to remove the calipers and bleed them using blocks of wood and making sure the bleeding nipple was at the highest point of the removed caliper, I began to bleed the front passenger side, for a second or two, nothing, then bubbles followed by brake fluid. same thing happened on the drivers side. I finally have my Hydroboost brakes again. in case you are wondering, the calipers were installed the right way, with the bleeder at the highest point.

Next I tackled the adjustable tract bar, I had purchased one from a member here over a year ago, but was not installed because I read that a adjustable drag link is also needed. Since I just purchased the adjustable drag link from BGY last week, I decided to also install it.

I am very happy that I have my brakes back and like the fact there is no shift between the body and the frame.

Attachments

• DSC_0711.jpg
    DSC_0711.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 85