• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fibermetal build thread

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Got the front clip on and power boost brake backet installed

Attachments

• driver side pic with front clip.jpg
    driver side pic with front clip.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 307
  • straight ahead pic with front clip.jpg
    straight ahead pic with front clip.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 304
  • front right pic with painted clip attached.jpg
    front right pic with painted clip attached.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 303
  • side shot of engine with painted front clip.jpg
    side shot of engine with painted front clip.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 305
OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
No kidding! When does the rest of the paint fly?

Tom
rest of the paint won't happen now until I can get it brought up to New Hampshire from Florida. Might be several months I'm afraid still would like some of your sweet lights if I can swing the coin..

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
How quickly we forget... You will need all the extra room you can get with the height of that engine I think. Have you made a dry run at the fitment?

I have a 1 inch body lift on it, yep, gonna be tight. Have a carb spacer on it right now between the carb and intake. So we'll see if adjustments need to be made. If so, that will hopefully be where it can be taken care of {fingers crossed}.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I have a 1 inch body lift on it, yep, gonna be tight. Have a carb spacer on it right now between the carb and intake. So we'll see if adjustments need to be made. If so, that will hopefully be where it can be taken care of {fingers crossed}.

Well looks can be decieving in photos and I have not seen it up close and personal, but I think you are right it will be tight!

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
A quick shot of the painted inside firewall. I'm not going to paint most of the interior because it would be a waste of paint. Putting down Wild Horses Racket Jacket sound proofing and then carpet.

Attachments

• Painted inside firewall.jpg
    Painted inside firewall.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 259

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
VERY nice built and great color !! what color is the top going to be ?? 2 tone grill ??

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
VERY nice built and great color !! what color is the top going to be ?? 2 tone grill ??

Right now, I am thinking all the same color with perhaps a possible flat black with some slight metallic in it for grill. 'Been toying with the idea to accent the side with some sort of strip of the same color. Still not sure though.

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
a little more progress. The The rest of the power booster was installed and also the brake and gas pedal assembly.

Attachments

• pedal assembly.jpg
    pedal assembly.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 296
  • side rearward pic with power booster.jpg
    side rearward pic with power booster.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 285
  • side pic of power booster.jpg
    side pic of power booster.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 312
  • pic with power booster.jpg
    pic with power booster.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 319
  • upper pedal bracket.jpg
    upper pedal bracket.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 271

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
stay the hell away from mine when it's done....good lord! chrome booster? really? %)

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Looks great Mike! I would love to see it in person so my offer still stands..... On your way back from Florida stop by for dinner. I'm literally 3-4 minutes off 95.