• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4BT kit

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
If you have been by the shop you saw the 2 4BT conversions we are doing we are getting close on the complete resto bronco and everything is looking great our new mount kit is working great so far not 1 issue for fitment.
The kit will be a bolt in kit or weld if you want, you only need to take 1 measurment to match left to right and 1 measurment to make sure the crossmember is the same as before you started.

Attachments

• 4bt installed 1k.jpg
    4bt installed 1k.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,103
  • 4bt kit.jpg
    4bt kit.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 943

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
Very interested in this! Can you post a picture of what all is included in the kit and a price range if you have worked that out yet. Thanks.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
One lucky person won one at the LEBC Round Up 2 weeks ago! It wasn't me. :(

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
THAT's a neat set up Chuck .. Can you post a closer picture of the AC MOUNTS set up my power steering is over on the other side from your.
... I Keep bringing home bad AC compressors to mount but I have not found a MiMi Sanden. to mock up yet. I think the 508 will get into my hood.

OP
OP
Cactus killer

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
Very interested in this! Can you post a picture of what all is included in the kit and a price range if you have worked that out yet. Thanks.
4 BT conversion mount kit

This kit makes it a lot easier to install a 4BT in your Bronco.
This kit sets it up so you don’t have to custom build mounts or do a lot of guessing on where to put them, You will need to remove the stock engine mounts and cross member and replace them with the new parts Just locate the driver side mount using the steering box mounting holes and weld or bolt it in place, then take a measurement from the driver side and transfer that to the passenger side and bolt or weld that side in. Next bolt in the removable cross member and that is it.
The kit sold with or without transmission member depending on what transmission you planning on using. Kit includes frame mounts, engine mounts, engine insulators, removable cross member and hardware.

The kit is $350

Attachments

• 4btl kit 1k.jpg
    4btl kit 1k.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 766
  • 4bt mounts lf 1k.jpg
    4bt mounts lf 1k.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 510
  • 4BT MM 1k.jpg
    4BT MM 1k.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 569
  • 4bt left side 1k.jpg
    4bt left side 1k.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 562
  • 4bt installed ps 1k.jpg
    4bt installed ps 1k.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 609
  • 4bt installed ds 1k.jpg
    4bt installed ds 1k.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 594
  • 4bt front 1k.jpg
    4bt front 1k.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 705
  • 4bt frame mm only 1k.jpg
    4bt frame mm only 1k.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 694
  • 4bt mounts right 1k.jpg
    4bt mounts right 1k.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 527

igottastanger

Awesome

I was there 2 weeks ago picking up my fuel tank and a lot of other goodies. This thing looks so much better in person and the new accessory bracket they have come up with that puts everything on the passenger side is genius. I cant wait to get my hands on one of these. Once they are available i plan to be one of the first to buy. Just let me know.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How heavy duty are the front coils to hold up this new iron?

efibronco1

Wow! That looks VERY much like the kit that I have seen on LOCoFoMoCo Racing's web sight for quite some time now. Hmmmm. Poaching other companies ideas and designs for lack of your own creativity?

bigjhoov

nobody
Wow! That looks VERY much like the kit that I have seen on LOCoFoMoCo Racing's web sight for quite some time now. Hmmmm. Poaching other companies ideas and designs for lack of your own creativity?

Perhaps you've noticed that all the v-8 conversion parts that every vendor sells looks the same as well also? Or what about power steering conversions? Or maybe lift kits? Or how about disc brake swaps? I hate to tell you, but there are only so many ways to skin the cat. BC is probably more innovative than any of the other vendors out there. Do they have they're issues, sure. But I think they've produced some of the more innovative products available for our trucks. And based on the pics available I'd say the fit and finish of BC's kit is far superior to what Liam is putting out. Sounds like you may have apersonal bone to pick with them.

LoCoFoMoCo

Loc.
Tacoma
I don't appreciate the slam on my company Big Hoover.. I put out a superior product with impeccable cut quality. now that I've ben informed of this post id have to agree my design has ben ripped off. it wouldn't be the first time. Good thing my ducks are in a row.. I WILL WIN just like last time. a public forum is not the place for me to be discussing this personal matter I will be continuing it privately. you can count on that.

Liam
Owner Of LoCoFoMoCoRacing.com

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
I don't appreciate the slam on my company Big Hoover.. I put out a superior product with impeccable cut quality. now that I've ben informed of this post id have to agree my design has ben ripped off. it wouldn't be the first time. Good thing my ducks are in a row.. I WILL WIN just like last time. a public forum is not the place for me to be discussing this personal matter I will be continuing it privately. you can count on that.

Liam

Im just wondering why you say you will win? It is a different product then what cactus is offering. He offers two types of kit, weld on or bolt on. The design looks nothing compared to yours, and no offense to cactus, but I personally think your design is more appealing. Do you an a patent on your 4bt swap? If not then anybody can copy your design and sell it to the general public, however if you do then that's a different story. I just find it as a great opportunity for you vendors to offer us consumers products, and depending on prices and design it is up to us to decide which product to purchase. No matter what same designs, close designs, or whatever will always pop up on the interweb as people are always trying to compete with each other. Good luck to both of you guys and thanks for the great products you offer. BTW i dont really think hoover was bashing you LoCoFoMoCoRacing, he was just giving you his opinion just the way i did.

rhino2104

I may be interested in one eventually. Now only if I can find a 4BT that the seller doesn't think is made out of gold....

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
I may be interested in one eventually. Now only if I can find a 4BT that the seller doesn't think is made out of gold....

I know were one is that the seller thinks is made out of platinum if that helps. You are right, they really have exceeded their value. The good part is the initial popularity and flurry of swaps has died down, so I think the bubble in 4BT prices will come down. It already has from several years ago, when people thought they could get 4K for a runner. I would like to see a non-rebuilt, high mileage runner get back to a grand, to me that is where they are a good value for what they are.

bigjhoov

nobody

Liam

That wasn't a slam on you Liam, sorry you took it that way. I just said the fit and finish of the BC kit appeared nicer based on pics available. It's all right there. Clearly I've struck a nerve.

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Am I missing something? It seems that folks are arguing about using angle brackets. That can't be the case....;D

I will say that I'm glad there are kits out now. It would of helped me decide which way to mount that sucker. Because I'd wish mine's lower.

Eugene

rhino2104

I know were one is that the seller thinks is made out of platinum if that helps. You are right, they really have exceeded their value. The good part is the initial popularity and flurry of swaps has died down, so I think the bubble in 4BT prices will come down. It already has from several years ago, when people thought they could get 4K for a runner. I would like to see a non-rebuilt, high mileage runner get back to a grand, to me that is where they are a good value for what they are.

I used to have the contact information for a guy that was selling old, running Hostess trucks with the 4bt in them for something like $3000 each. I wish that I could find that info again.